Massive Darkness 2 - 8/4

SamuraiJack

5 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I...have...no...words....

As bizarre as that boxed set is...it might just be bizarre enough to turn the corner to enjoyable for me :D 

And if not...I am pretty sure it's going to be the hot box for the secondary market down the road. Tempted to buy one to sell in five years!

• Like 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

so is this care bears box thing an add-on or is it a stretch goal box that comes with the core pledge?  The kickstarter page is so long and convoluted and the imagery is so confusing I can't make heads or tails of it. 

It's included. That's probably the main complaint people have about it, "it's taking the place of something that could have been better".  Though I think it makes sense from CMON's perspective. It's niche enough that if it were a paid add-on it's hard to say if it would actually pay for itself. 

Now that they've shown the whole set I think the cupid's were a bad choice even though I prefer them to the unicorns. If they were going to go with 80s cartoon nostalgia for the other two why not large headed blue gnomes or something instead of cupid?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

so is this care bears box thing an add-on or is it a stretch goal box that comes with the core pledge?  The kickstarter page is so long and convoluted and the imagery is so confusing I can't make heads or tails of it. 

I can't either. They did a really terrible job at showing what is in the pledge tiers.

Well this has delivered

(warning to those in the UK some pledgers are being asked for VAT by UPS which they shouldn't be doing, CMON is saying pay and they'll refund you and aren't yet sure why it's happening, luckily it seems to be only a few poor sods who are effected)

Looks decent enough, but more breakages that i've had in a CMON project before, all seem to have been 'in factory' as the missing bits aren't in the boxes which are undamaged. (I guess this may be a consequence of Covid work conditions with folk having to rush or doing jobs they normally don't to get stuff done)

i normally don't like merging expansions into the main boxes, but man there are a lot of boxes with a lot of wasted space here (and a whole load of different shaped boxes too which is frustrating to try and store

• Like 1

I put all my Zombicide stuff into the main box for that KS, or maybe two boxes at most. I shed a LOT of cardboard and plastic in 2020 just getting rid of CMoN packaging. I throw all the minis in a big plastic bag. I've given up the illusion I'll ever paint them and need better storage 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was supposed to get this today, Fedex has rallied recently to become a good delivery option (pretty sure it's just a single competent driver though), so I got it Friday. Ran through the rules and, just like MD1, very clear and understandable. I'm actually amazed that I barely need the rulebook because whatever seems like the logical rule, is the actual rule. Kinda freaky, to be honest (KD:M is awesome but also not the clearest game to understand at times).

Played a couple tutorial rounds as different classes to learn that fundamental and then on to the core box campaign before getting into the deluge of content provided not just by this KS (and so many extras) but by the fantasycide crossover pack and MD1 conversion pack.

I feel this is a big improvement over MD1 (which I liked a lot, wish I had done gameplay all-in back then), so I'll likely convert that box permanently to MD2 rules...and honestly I think I may keep the fantasycide crossover content with my MD2 stuff. The fantasy stuff never clicked with me the way moderncide does, so this may be the best way to use that content. In which case, definitely a huge win here!

• Like 1