Rogues in the House, Conan Ape - Paizo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

You followed the original color scheme, too!color_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.542839e89d09379a15d16a7e783361a3.jpg

The current Pathfimder Gorilla King is a silverback Dire Ape with red cloak but I'm pretty sure he is actually the successor to the one from boxed set

Weird...I could have painted his fur any shade of brown or black, but went with that blue gray I thought would be unique. Lol. The cape and the cape buckle...very strange.

I have a couple more of those paizo figures but not the ones pictured. They were all castaways from a friend of mine.

• Like 2

Paizo early attempts at encounter packs with metal minis.  They more or less just merged them in the Pathfinder line using various names associated with the official setting.

Nice work. Great shade of red!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Conan the Painter
      I wanted Conan.  and this looked pretty much exactly like him.  I painted him up a month or two ago, and since I already posted my wizard today I decided to post Dantrag (Conan) today as well.  Again, any tips or advice on painting or photographing will be gratefully accepted.  

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a simple one for you today.  Filling out my Demonic Army, we have a Barlgura, represented by an Ape Demon (77260).

He seems a little small, but it works.  Painted him up quickly the evening before a game sometime last winter.

More Photos Beneath Spoiler:

I've got more fiendish things to show you all, but this one is good for today.

Show me your favorite fiends!
    • By Mutilatedlips
      "Paizo" carved on the bottom, from the early 2000's. I don't know much more than that. 

• By Rigel
      My FLGS had a Brain-in-a-Jar, 77493, some months back, and of COURSE it came home with me. But then I hit a wall. The brain was enormous, far too large to fit inside a humanoid's head unless they were of giant size. Then, an epiphany! Inspired by this old pulp illustration and Wells's Selenites. 

I also had an old grab-bag Pickled Punk from Paizo: a wretched, foetal thing in a broken jar. So, discarding the jar component of both minis, I did some minor brain surgery and put together this tripod-borne Martian, inerrant in its calculations, an intellect vast and cool and unsympathetic, its distended cranium overshadowing its feeble frame:

Among its peers, the other Martians: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83813-spacefuture-martians-hydra-zenithians-zombiesmith-greys-incl-group-shot 

• By Maledrakh
      I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Grinding through the Bones 4 core set, we have reached the last two dozen....and a full dozen of those are kobolds! Soon there will be less than 10 left!

Today I did the Ape Attack! subset

I chose to go different paths with each of them. These are so big, I think they are more useful as individuals than as a team. After all, there is only so much you can to with three giant apes, one of which that for some reason seems to have joined the Roman legions.

And I was not kidding when I said they were giant apes:

They are twice the height of a man, and what looks like ten times the mass.

#83: The Great White Ape

Drybrushed from black with a series of offwhites, ochre, beige and greys, and a couple of skin tones on the nekkid flesh.
      This one does double duty as an abominable snowman.
      40mm base.

#84: The Barlgura

A barlgura is a D&D chaotic evil demonic creature of the Abyssal plane. Described as semi-intelligent and brutally violent, looking like an eight foot tall blue-skinned Orangutan with wickedly sharp claws. The model is of a much larger Gorilla...Well... close enough. Let's just call him King Louie and leave it at that. "Oobee-doo! I wanna beat up you-oo-oo!"
      50mm base

#85: Ingkay Ongkay 

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." (Gladiator, 2000)

So, Reaper...Pray tell. What is it I am not familiar with here? In what context might I need a giant romanesque-armoured gladius-wielding ape exactly?

50mm base.

#83, #84, #85 the Ape Attack! subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      40mm and 50mm bases
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

Bones 4 core set: 143/163 just 20 to go!