Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Maelok the Dreadbound - Privateer Press

"LeBlanc and Boudreaux" :lol:

You sure have your Cajun names down! 

That candle zombie gatorman really does look like a tough mini to tackle. She came out beautiful though! Love the underside of the tail & those wounds. The water effects & bubbles on the base rock. Man, your whole swamp play setup looks so cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

"LeBlanc and Boudreaux" :lol:

You sure have your Cajun names down! 

That candle zombie gatorman really does look like a tough mini to tackle. She came out beautiful though! Love the underside of the tail & those wounds. The water effects & bubbles on the base rock. Man, your whole swamp play setup looks so cool. 

I used a gloss sealer to give the swamp a shine, which is really just a blob of putty rolled across the base.

The bubbles are easy, I rolled some putty into a small ball and some flat. Placed the ball on the base,  then draped the flat putty over it like a cloth and worked the sides into the base to blend in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mutilatedlips said:

I used a gloss sealer to give the swamp a shine, which is really just a blob of putty rolled across the base.

The bubbles are easy, I rolled some putty into a small ball and some flat. Placed the ball on the base,  then draped the flat putty over it like a cloth and worked the sides into the base to blend in. 

Not sure that I've ever heard of that technique, putting a flat sheet of putty over a ball. It sounds easy enough, and it sure looks convincing. Thank you so much for sharing it!

I've only ever tried the one where you make balls, let them dry until almost hard, cut them in half, and then add them to the base. Didn't look anywhere near as convincing as your method. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice capturing all that detail, the look of the flesh and candles - wonderful

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      I had it sitting on my bench for more than a year. Brought it on sale and it was nice working with such a heavy model, thought it did fall apart a couple times (Since I am not using it for gaming, I did not pin it).  The fourth picture seems to have the closest red to how it looks in real life.

The Robot 

Together with Friends

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/privateerpress/warcaster-neo-mechanika

Story
       Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika is a high-speed hobby miniatures game in which players collect and customize a battle force of 35 mm-scale warriors and warjacks and play out epic, scenario-driven battles across a tabletop.  
      A Warcaster is the pinnacle of power, a being capable of harnessing and manipulating the cosmic forces that can fuel mechanika and conjure ancient reality-warping Cyphers. The mind of a Warcaster has been forged into the ultimate weapon: by channeling Arcanessence, they are able to coordinate an entire battle force while simultaneously augmenting that force’s combat prowess by remotely channeling arcane energies into their weapons, armor, and even their formidable war machines.  In a galaxy beleaguered by constant conflict, the Warcasters are the champions of their nations, worlds, and empires, waging war with each other like gods moving pieces across a chessboard.
        In Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika, YOU are the Warcaster. You are not a pawn on the tabletop; you are the god making the moves. Charged with valuable Arcanessence, you will customize your powers and the load outs of your warjacks, choose the composition of your battle force, and lay waste to all that stands before you. 
    • By kazmania7
      The last of my recent work. This month I felt like tackling a few drow for practice, I have a set of raging hero's dark elves been dying to do but first want to get really comfortable painting drow so ran across him in my old figures and my mind instantly whispered DROW.

• By HolkDiggity
      This is yet another of my metal trade bin finds! I picked him out because he looked like he was wounded, and I love minis in poses other than at-arms. It turns out that he's clutching a dagger on his chest, and not a wound. Also, I'm spoiled by Reaper's wonderful faces. This one is a little bit flat, though that may be due to being in the bin. Anyway, not my best work, but I painted this in a few hours!

• By kazmania7
      again same story as other posts, so November work. Wanted to try to paint a mulit-color cloak so this was my first attempt/experiment at that.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)