Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Temple of Apophis Photoboard by Glitterwolf

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

No, we did NOT orders snakes! Egads!

Well, I've a box here with over a dozen, and it clearly has "no give backs, please enjoy this gift.  PS, no re-gifting either" written on it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How nice to see everyone loves the Snakegod...

QUESTION/ADVICE NEEDED.

As you know this will be a photobackdrop board.

I built one for my Lost World earlier

This one:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76024-jungle-photo-backdrop-board-terrain-by-glitterwolf/

So here's the question.

There will be a backwall behind the big statue/altar. 

Should I add sidewalls as well? Basically turning it into a box, or would that be too much?

• Like 4

I would add partial side walls, at a diagonal from the highest point to lowest corner.  sturdy but you keep the good access for playing a game or manipulating the interior for a photo backdrop

nice job BTW, very cool build

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, snitchythedog said:

A two sided box would increase your options when photographing. 

I have to agree with that idea, especially if you made a "wall" behind the altar and one of the sides. Then you would have the option of figures standing before the altar or approaching it.

Also great job so far, your builds are always so fun to watch. Seeing someone build such polished pieces on the first try is a nice change of pace too, you know the exact opposite of my process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is seriously cool!

Cant wait for the finished article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea of two walls, I also like the idea of the diagonal walls.

Will think about this and how to execute it.

A wall behind the altar was always the plan, I agree that for photo opps at least an extra side wall would help, the idea of two diagonal ones fading down so to speak, also appeals to me.

The sneks have been curing, There will be two big ones on either side, and then the huge Reaper one in front of the alter with 3 tiny sneks on each side from her on the edges of the top floor.

Two braziers with the altar and I think two more next to the Cobra King behind the tiny sneks.

Beware Oh Ra!, Apophis will win this time!

The Age of the Sun and Men will end!!!

image.png.3a434051c2c16f3c3d81e8c87edaada0.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

On 6/8/2020 at 2:31 AM, Glitterwolf said:

How nice to see everyone loves the Snakegod...

QUESTION/ADVICE NEEDED.

As you know this will be a photobackdrop board.

I built one for my Lost World earlier

This one:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76024-jungle-photo-backdrop-board-terrain-by-glitterwolf/

So here's the question.

There will be a backwall behind the big statue/altar. 

Should I add sidewalls as well? Basically turning it into a box, or would that be too much?

To block the view/limit the field of vision, I have a couple of black sheets of insulation foam board that I set up on the sides for photos. They are really only needed for angle shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, malefactus said:

To block the view/limit the field of vision, I have a couple of black sheets of insulation foam board that I set up on the sides for photos. They are really only needed for angle shots.

Those I have!!

Printed two more braziers.

They're curing on the gardentable under a small Mica dome, when i get back from work they will be cured.

I'm now considering paint schemes for the statues.

The normal and tiny sized ones will be made of stone, I think I will make them look weathered, so colours still show here and there but overall they're worn to the point that the original stonework shows, it has been thousands of year, right?

The main statue will be gold. I think the worshippers wouldn't settle for a stone idol for their deity.

I'm actually excited to create this, the back wall will get a treatment with the GreenstuffWorld Egyptian Roller Pin.

Still thinking about some other smaller features.

Ideas are welcome, I might use them or not, but it's always cool to hear ideas, who knows?

• Like 5

Google abarothsworld as he has some good tutorials on painting different types of stone so it is a helpful place to look.  I would suggest adding some buttressing and some damage/cracking to the walls in the back to give the whole thing some depth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, snitchythedog said:

Google abarothsworld as he has some good tutorials on painting different types of stone so it is a helpful place to look.  I would suggest adding some buttressing and some damage/cracking to the walls in the back to give the whole thing some depth. 

Thank you,

I will look at that.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:43 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I like the idea of two walls, I also like the idea of the diagonal walls.

Will think about this and how to execute it.

Magnets!

Set up the side walls so they can snap into place or be removed as required. Permanent, full height, side walls would limit the lighting options. Sometimes some fill light coming in from a low angle might be desirable. But other times a shot into a corner might be cool. 

It is just like fuel tanks on airplanes, sometimes you want those 600 gallon wing tanks, sometimes you want a clean bird, or a different pylon with a pair of 2000 lb LGBs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1