60191: O-Sayumi

SGHawkins09

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, TheUncannyAK said:

Beautiful work on the blossoms. The white face paint and sheen to the hair is really well done, too. I really like this. ::D:

13 hours ago, ShantyShakin said:

Just stunning. I love the freehand on the kimono, the highlights in the hair, and the white face makeup. All these details really sell the piece. Very well done!

Thanks! I was so nervous about the hair and face paint but I used Derek Schubert's version for inspiration which really helped especially for the hair. 

12 hours ago, zoroaster100 said:

Love so many things about this but the blossoms on the dress blew me away.

Thanks! The blossoms are the result of a happy accident. I was doing more structured flowers but messed up on one and it ended up less defined, more feathery I guess you could say. I liked the look of it better so I redid the others.

7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

There's nothing about this paint job that I don't like- the freehand, NMM, makeup and the subtle basing, it's all fantastic!

3 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

What a great paint job to complement such a great sculpt!

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Where'd you get the tiny Japanese lanterns?

The miniature is gorgeous, and you've really done it justice, BTW.

Thanks! I got the lanterns from Morland Studios. They have a bunch of basing sets in various themes.

• Like 4

She is gorgeous! The kimono is so pretty and well shaded. The hair, especially the back, the highlights are amazing! I still cannot pull off black hair and yours is making me so jealous! There is nothing I don't like about this. The color choices, the delicate flowers, the basing... She's wonderful!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pochi said:

She is gorgeous! The kimono is so pretty and well shaded. The hair, especially the back, the highlights are amazing! I still cannot pull off black hair and yours is making me so jealous! There is nothing I don't like about this. The color choices, the delicate flowers, the basing... She's wonderful!

Thank you! Keep at it with the hair. I didn’t think I could pull it off but something clicked this time. 

• Like 1

You have done a really nice job with this figure. Your freehand is very neat. Your hair turned out very good. You nailed the skin and makeup. 

For C&C, I have a couple of comments, but know that they are very nitpicky. 

The freehand would stand out more if you glaze a darker red or red/purple underneath. Just enough to kind of dark line it without making it feel like a separate piece. 

The highlights on the kimono could be pushed a bit further. I know how hard it is to highlight red, and what is there is good, just extend it a little further on the folds of the sleeves, her armpit, and shoulders on the back. Making the shadows darker would also help the highlights stand out more. 

The little lantern on the base needs some more highlights. It looks kind of flat and dark next to your figure. 

I painted her too and she really is a fun little challenge. I am very glad you are happy with yours, you should be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keianna said:

You have done a really nice job with this figure. Your freehand is very neat. Your hair turned out very good. You nailed the skin and makeup. 

For C&C, I have a couple of comments, but know that they are very nitpicky. 

The freehand would stand out more if you glaze a darker red or red/purple underneath. Just enough to kind of dark line it without making it feel like a separate piece. 

The highlights on the kimono could be pushed a bit further. I know how hard it is to highlight red, and what is there is good, just extend it a little further on the folds of the sleeves, her armpit, and shoulders on the back. Making the shadows darker would also help the highlights stand out more. 

The little lantern on the base needs some more highlights. It looks kind of flat and dark next to your figure. 

I painted her too and she really is a fun little challenge. I am very glad you are happy with yours, you should be. 

Thank you! Nitpicky is fine, I appreciate any feedback.

• Thanks 1