Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
malefactus

YET MORE Mushrooms in the Woods

Recommended Posts

They look amazing(as always!) My favourites are the green ones with the red caps and yellow dots.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

They look amazing(as always!) My favourites are the green ones with the red caps and yellow dots.

 

 

 

Thanks for the kind reply, Kuroneko. I am happy you enjoyed the Gang. The One Eyed Green Ones have a charm all their own...a creepy sort of charm that is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are my favorites as well, Alien Shrooms!

 

Love the entire gang !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those are my favorites as well, Alien Shrooms!

 

Love the entire gang !

 

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

I agree with everyone else. Those green guys with the red caps are fantastic!

 

Thanks for the kind replies, Glitter & Thoramel! I am happy you like them. I am actually surprised by the response to the Green Guys...they are getting comments on a few other fora as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! More mushrooms.... not retinal damaging. Maybe mind damaging.... I am partial to the one with the teal cap, but they are all splendid with wonderful variety

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Yay! More mushrooms.... not retinal damaging. Maybe mind damaging.... I am partial to the one with the teal cap, but they are all splendid with wonderful variety

 

Thanks, Iridil. I am delighted you like them. I have been experimenting with different color combinations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I have any experience in that sort of thing, but your work is what I suspect a psychedelic drugs trip looks like!  I love it.

 

200w_d.webp?cid=120c0147fb913007249b312ef6bb8b1f54dedec00247a5ed&rid=200w_d.webp

 

Do you make these yourself or do they actually come from a mini company because your stuff is just so niche, unique and full of character.

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dan S said:

Not that I have any experience in that sort of thing, but your work is what I suspect a psychedelic drugs trip looks like!  I love it.

Do you make these yourself or do they actually come from a mini company because your stuff is just so niche, unique and full of character.

 

Thanks for the colorful reply Dan S...Oh WOW the colors, Man! I am glad you enjoyed the stuff.

The Mushrooms & bases are all one of a kind, homegrown creations. A few Fellows had offered to make copies available, but, thus far, nothing has come of it.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malefactus said:

 

Thanks for the colorful reply Dan S...Oh WOW the colors, Man! I am glad you enjoyed the stuff.

The Mushrooms & bases are all one of a kind, homegrown creations. A few Fellows had offered to make copies available, but, thus far, nothing has come of it.

 

Maybe that is for the best, I think the uniqueness is part of the charm.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan S said:

 

Maybe that is for the best, I think the uniqueness is part of the charm.

 

I agree. It also means I get to sculpt quite a lot of thingies.

Friends on a variety fora & otherwise have been sent pieces. The Mushrooms, Trees, & such can be seen from Australia to Athens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, malefactus said:

 

I agree. It also means I get to sculpt quite a lot of thingies.

Friends on a variety fora & otherwise have been sent pieces. The Mushrooms, Trees, & such can be seen from Australia to Athens.

 

One is in the Netherlands and I'm proud to be it's owner.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't choose a favorite, I like them all.  I think, story wise, the double mushrooms must have the most interesting life.  Your pieces are always unique an interesting.  Keep posting your world, its a magical and unique place and I love the glimpses you give us.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

One is in the Netherlands and I'm proud to be it's owner.

 

 

Thanks, Glitter. I am glad you like your Mushroom.

 

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

I couldn't choose a favorite, I like them all.  I think, story wise, the double mushrooms must have the most interesting life.  Your pieces are always unique an interesting.  Keep posting your world, its a magical and unique place and I love the glimpses you give us.

 

Thanks for the kind reply, Kangaroorex. I am happy you like the stuff...I can't pick out a favorite either.

The World Inside My Head is fun to live in. I am pleased that you & other folk enjoy touring the place.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By malefactus
      I Have been known to do a strange thing or two in my time, but this may be the first W.I.P. post of things that are dfinished & some finished things that are W.I.P. pieces.
      Let me explain. I started working on some pieces for Daniel aka tauster & Paul aka matakishi that I had promised them as contributions to their projects. I finished tauster's yesterday & matakishi's moments ago.
      Having gotten in the W.I.P. photo habit, I took pictures as I went along, but things being what they were, I didn't get to posting them as they were taken. SO you get to see the stuff evolve in a time lapse sort of way.
       
      First tauster's stuff: these are specifically asked for pieces & he requested unpainted...this makes them finished W.I.P..
      I started with a tree with face. I left the one branch in it's bare wire state to show what it looked like prior to the teased hot glue coat. Sunday they looked like this:

       
      ...after the coat:

       
      ...Monday saw The Tree grow a face:

       
      ...seen here with a G.W. Mordheim mini for a size comparison:

       

       
      ...AND I started the first of two types of Mushrooms:

       
      ...Tuesday saw some early progress on the first Mushrooms with the start of the Clarabella Mushroom, seen in back:

       
      ...with the ready-to-paint-but-not-by-me stage reached a bit later:

       

       
      ...meanwhile The Tree also reached it's ready-to-etc stage; note the addition of eyes-in-inappropriate-locations:

       

       

       

       

       
      That wrapped up tauster; there were a couple of Jack O'Lanterns that will be added, but the pieces were finished W.I.P....confusing, eh?
      Matakishisi's was a snap by comparison. Paul wanted a painted sampling of my Mushroom. There was only one type I didn't already have painted. That one I started on early this morning:

       
      ...AND finished directly:

       
      ...seen here with the Mushroom Sampler:

       

       

       
      ...there you have it: A One-&-Done W.I.P. Thread. Tomorrow the Thingies should hopefully be off to Germany & England respectively.
       
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...