Sign in to follow this  
Dan S

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit...

Very nice. What a charming scene you've made. I do like them more as gardeners and not a mob of angry farmers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Very nice. What a charming scene you've made. I do like them more as gardeners and not a mob of angry farmers. 

Thank you, and me too.  It was surprisingly difficult to track down halfling/hobbit miniatures that were not brandishing weapons, even the ones that weren't often had some kind of weapon strapped on to their body. 

I just wanted the hobbit stereotype; a simple and well to do folk, who enjoy comfort, good food, peaceful afternoons, and who certainly don't want to go on any adventures!  It seems the little folk got a little more blood thirsty in recent years. :lol:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

These are adorable! Great job on their eyes. I also like that tall grass on the little fellow's base. 

I6fxU3ll.jpg

Thank you, I still have a horrible time with eyes so that's nice to hear.

I have similar grass on the base of the female too (holding a scythe it seemed appropriate), but the way I angled her in the photo you cannot see it.

• Like 2

These are very lovely and the backdrop stunning. Would love to see close ups of the figures to see the fleshtones you are talking about.

• Thanks 1

Watching the Hobbit Home come together in your W.I.P. thread was a joy, Seeing it in use as a stage for your LOVELY creations adds to the feeling. 

The Little Couple are BEAUTIFULLY painted & breathe life into your WONDERFUL scene. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

These are very lovely and the backdrop stunning. Would love to see close ups of the figures to see the fleshtones you are talking about.

Thanks, I have a few other models nearing completion, so the next time I set up my lightbox I will update this thread with a few close ups of these at the same time.

Love love love love! The minis are fantastic and they deserve that wonderful little Hobbit hole! I am glad you posted a "how to" on the Hobbit hole. I want to make one. I just need to find a front!

So well done, especially their sweet little faces!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Love love love love! The minis are fantastic and they deserve that wonderful little Hobbit hole! I am glad you posted a "how to" on the Hobbit hole. I want to make one. I just need to find a front!

So well done, especially their sweet little faces!

Thank you.

I actually found my front wall on Ebay, there are a few sellers doing 3D prints of hobbit hole facades.  The exact one I used was this one, I just bought the front wall as opposed to the full kit:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28mm-Halfling-House-1-Dark-Realms-fantasy-terrain-d-d-middle-earth-etc/402196949514?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=672123930235&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Though truth be told I wasn't massively impressed with the quality, it is filament printed (I didn't know what that was when I ordered it), and was full of very prominent filament lines.  Just something to be aware of if you end up picking up a facade online.

Edited by Dan S
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, Inarah said:

They could turn at a moment’s notice...

these are really beautifully painted!

• Like 1

These are really great, and the backdrop you've created for them is excellent.

I might need to pick up these models for myself, actually...

• Thanks 1