Sign in to follow this  
maxstyles

World Wide Miniatures Day 2020

I'm in again. Need to decide when and for how long (stupid adult responsibilities). But I'm gonna try to finish... well make significant progress on .. my Nakatu bust.

I had planned on trying the 24 hr challenge this weekend, but recently found out that is the family get together. I think I will have most of Sunday, will try to paint during then.

I finally got stuff prepped and primed to he ready to go tomorrow. I have 21 minis ready to paint , gonna get the airbrush out and get to work tomorrow and see how much I can get done.

I was planning on doing 12 hours, but I have a lot I want to paint and a free day, so hopefully I will be able to get basics down on everything and then actually finish a few of them.

This weekend is my love's birthday weekend! So while he's off doing his own thing in the morning (he loves his mornings), I'll be in my art room! :D

I unpacked my paint and sculpting tools yesterday to prepare!

• Like 2

Birthday weekend here, too. DH and I will be celebrating by... staying home... and painting.  I think I will start by getting my paint palette cleaned and set up.

• Like 1

I've been working on these four, color correcting, converting, gap-filling, basing, etc.  Had to make dinner, now I'm ready to paint:

IMG_20200718_172541926_HDR.jpg.d200fc963d9ba2019103ae98d7bca71a.jpg

• Like 2

I ended up painting for over 12 hours today and actually got stuff done for the first time in months.

I ended up finishing a kill team of 6 space wolves for warhammer, and I painted up 10 pink horrors.

This was a lot more than I expected to get done today so I'm really happy with how it went, and it also shows me I have no excuse for having any unpainted minis since I finished 16 in 1 day.

• Like 2

Got 3 done! 

Tiny Overlord and new job (yay!!!) Changed the plans I had to paint all day. But I still got some work done on this commission. 

• Like 2

Oof, fiddle, rats...!  I sort of missed it. Hmm. Well there is the rest of Sunday       —the day after— either:

TDAWWMD or WWMD:TDA

@Morihalda if you sculpt, do you mean with putty or digital ?  Talespinner was working on a digital/putty project on the hangouts the other night. His workflow went like this: He sculpted the piece digitally, printed it on a resin printer, and was then adding the last millimeter or two of fur with traditional tools shaping some putty. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Oof, fiddle, rats...!  I sort of missed it. Hmm. Well there is the rest of Sunday       —the day after— either:

I'll be painting more later today.  Rosie is close to being done and I'd like to get the barbarian dude finished as well.  Plus photos. I haven't taken photos in months. 

Worked on these for the better part of 4 hours yesterday. Poor lighting for photos with my camera phone. Some Mantic KoW revenant skeletons. Not as much done as I'd hoped, just got the gold armor portions basecoated, was being super careful not to hit any of the already done parts. Still probably another 20ish hours of work to do on them before they are done.

WWMD.thumb.jpg.941824d051ed5201929d1843abfc80d1.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TGP said:

TDAWWMD or WWMD:TDA

@Morihalda if you sculpt, do you mean with putty or digital ?  Talespinner was working on a digital/putty project on the hangouts the other night. His workflow went like this: He sculpted the piece digitally, printed it on a resin printer, and was then adding the last millimeter or two of fur with traditional tools shaping some putty. 

I made some tiny bees and turned them into buttons with putty. Putty is just so... comforting to use, haha.

I do have some stuff I need to make in zbrush, but it's been at least 3 months since I've touched it (and 4 since I started learning it :lol: ), so I've gotta reread all my notes first!

I was really excited that he was able to successfully do that because there are just some things I'm happier doing in putty!

• Like 1

I realized I forgot to upload pics last night. Those are all the minis I painted yesterday along with a couple of building I made a few days ago.

image0 (1).jpg

20200719_185125.jpg

• Like 5