Sign in to follow this  
Tolex Cat

Earth-Toned Goremaw-77579

Excellent!

Being a massive fan of the cheesy 90's B-movie 'Tremors', I have a soft spot for the giant worm miniatures.  I've got a few sat on my desk at home but have been struggling to settle on a colour scheme.  I actually really like your palette choice, the earth tones worked really well.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dan S said:

Excellent!

Being a massive fan of the cheesy 90's B-movie 'Tremors', I have a soft spot for the giant worm miniatures.  I've got a few sat on my desk at home but have been struggling to settle on a colour scheme.  I actually really like your palette choice, the earth tones worked really well.

If you ever get to California, make a note that the Film Museum in Lone Pine [on HWY 395] has one of the Tremors beasties bursting through the floor in one of the exhibit rooms.

Lone Pine is near to the Alabama Hills which has been a location shooting area for film makers since the silent movie era due to the wide variety of terrain suitable for backdrops and action locations within a very small area.

GEM

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dan S said:

Excellent!

The original Tremors was a well-budgeted, critically acclaimed movie that did well at the box office and was said to have 're-invigorated" the monster movie genre. It has legions of affectionate fans and has a script that is considered very well written by most screenwriters. It is now considered a classic. The sequels were cheesy B-movies. The same should not be said of the original.

The mini's awesome, though.

Edited by Bruunwald
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love that colourscheme!

Walnut Brown is an awesome colour , one of my favorite browns as well.

As it happens I have this Desert Project going on, I happen to have some worms I think I now know how to paint them...

Thanks for the inspiration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

The original Tremors was a well-budgeted, critically acclaimed movie that did well at the box office and was said to have 're-invigorated" the monster movie genre. It has legions of affectionate fans and has a script that is considered very well written by most screenwriters. It is now considered a classic. The sequels were cheesy B-movies. The same should not be said of the original.

The mini's awesome, though.

Yep, and I loved them all! :lol:

• Like 1

I really like the browns - very natural, earthy colors, which make it more creepy to me - nature turned monstrous - well shaded too - love the teeth

now i want another goremaw.  the earthtones look awesome.

the purple tone one i did..... looks ok, but it was long and difficult.