Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
dwarven tattooed monk
A Thrym Project :: A Custom Miniature developed on Hero Forge and 3D printed by a friend.
Started working on character of mine who is a Dwarven Tattooed Monk. As I mentioned, I created him using Hero Forge, downloaded the .STL, and had him printed elsewhere.
I enjoy using the interface on Hero Forge so far. I have designed and purchased 3 STLs and 2 minis.
Once I received the print, I made a manual adjustment to his skull. An ironic happenstance, given the character's name.
Tor, being a dwarf and confident in his skills against ogres was going toe-to-toe with a rather large ogre with a great club. This is not something unusual so far. The party had been exploring an ogre controlled encampment searching for an item and information for a tribe of centaurs nearby. Unfortunately, Tor suffered a critical hit from the Ogre Champion's club and took a lot of damage when he was already near unconsciousness. He effectively had his namesake applied to his own noggin.
So I removed a large segment of his skull by the patch to approximate the results of his disfigurement once the party ... eventually ... managed to raise him from the dead. His demeanor and appearance was never pleasing to begin with and now it's even worse.
I painted on a primer coat first so I could see where I was removing plastic better. The majority of the work was done with a rounded mini-file as well as a small gouge chisel. I cleaned up the space with a small sanding twig.
For a color scheme, his pallid skin is Reaper's Fair Skin. The coat is Army Painter's D&D Vampire Garments with Army Painter D&D Mouldy Wash. I put the wash over his skin and his hand wraps as well. The coat's trim is just the Vampire Garments again.
For the tans I used Reaper's Desert Sand, Desert Stone, Desert Tan, and Woodland Brown; or some combination thereof. The eye patch, the lining of the coat and the belt are Army Painter's D&D Wraith Black as well as the tattoos on his right and left forearms and the side of his head.
His boots started out as Reaper's Coal Black but I need to reshake the bottle before going back to it.
Yes, I know the pics and the paint wash are a little dark, but the next set of pics will be better lit. I am planning on layering his highlights up to brighter points.
More work to come soon.
Stay Tuned and Safe. Enjoy.
This is the "Soul Stealer" bust from Artisan Guild's welcome pack on patreon. I printed it on my Elegoo Mars Pro resin printer.
This might be the first bust I have ever painted, not counting an Orc bust from the very early days of Forge World that I started but never finished and sold off at some point in the distant past (oh, the Folly of Youth).
So why this newfound fascination for busts? I hear you ask.
Well, it's the RCL again. "Bust" is a quarterly category, and since Reaper only make a very few busts, none of which are readily available at the moment (there will be a few released after Bones 5 fulfills later this year), the fine folks at Reaper have decreed that bust entries are not limited to Reaper product.
Did I mention that the RCL has been a fun way to choose what to paint? It really helps to keep things fresh and to motivate to finish the pieces I start. And now also to paint other stuff than I usually would.
I do not buy busts as they are generally outside my scope of interest. However, I do own one or two busts as .stl-files that have been parts of patreon bundles.
And with such an extensive library of files at hand, once I decide to do one, it does not take long to make supports and print one off.
But what to choose? Tentacle-face or a human face?
Do you want to know more?
I still don't have a great photography setup, so despite efforts, this is fairly washed out (pinks in the cheeks aren't as apparent as IRL, and the hair is dulled in the photos). But until I can get figures in for a photoshoot with a friend, these will do. Sloppy selfie with the inspiration for the figure setup, before I try to dye my hair back to normal. Been teal for 9 months now, and I miss my blonde.
I painted the figure roughly as myself, instead of with ideal artistic combinations. The patch on the back isn't really the coolest, but that's our work group's logo (and a diagram of part of my PhD research). So it is a personal design, distinctly not artistic. Also dragon instead of weasel.... heh.
Project was part of the Season 3 for the Vancouver Mini Painting Club
Who's Online 22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)