Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

Reaper Townsfolk: 50090 Jock Chick Nerd

I am painting up Reaper's townsfolk jock chick and nerd set for gaming.

"Chick" first due to request.

Hair and shoes basecoat

20200611_222807.jpg

20200611_222851.jpg

Shoe colour is spectral glow and peacock green 1:1

• Like 10

If you didn't know, the nerd is ReaperBryan. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So I haven't taken any progress pics for Chick. Lots of work since last night - I could get away with highlighting the hair and doing a rough face, and touching up the shoes. I've already added lipstick

Super happy with the sweater texture - palomino gold, buckskin pale and a wash from a brown made with PG and hexed lichen (purple). Shirt LED (autocorrect to "disabled," really?) blue and ghost white, skirt is breonne (autocorrect to "bronze") blue and ultramarine shadow. Hair base is ruddy leather. Intend to go rust brown then lava orange maybe depends what I have handy.

20200614_135834.jpg

20200614_135800.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
autocorrect fails
  • Like 7

Not ideal, but livable. Looking a little sickly though. Will have to see if eye shadow and some blush help with that? Other suggestions?

20200614_232429.jpg

• Like 8

Maybe @Pingo

Can talk about a video or thread that refers to traditional skin tone mixing? I think I'm veering too far into yellow, which is why she looks a little undead.

• Like 1

Her skin looks greyish brown, but I think you have the highlights in the right places.  Is it possible to give her a warmer skin tone? Her eyes look good, just need a little neatening up on the bottom.

Edit: if you mix white with the ruddy leather you might get a nice caucasian skin color.

Edited by Inarah

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

Her skin looks greyish brown, but I think you have the highlights in the right places.  Is it possible to give her a warmer skin tone? Her eyes look good, just need a little neatening up on the bottom.

Edit: if you mix white with the ruddy leather you might get a nice caucasian skin color.

Thanks.

I am hoping not to have to redo all the skin. This was a failed attempt at a brown skin tone, so I'm not sure about the ruddy leather recipe. I might try a glaze of a red brown. I just feel there's some counter-intuitive solution to this that I can't think that I might with formal art training.

Edited by lexomatic

Try a thin glaze of the ruddy leather over a small area, like her hand.  See if you like that. 

It's definitely changed her from 'zombie like' to 'alive'. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this