Wyrmwood Gaming table

SamuraiJack

15 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I may wait for the second kickstarter.. since they are now talking about possibly delivering much earlier than planned I'd be in danger of getting a table before we have decided on buying a new house with proper space for it or not.. 

Did they give a new time frame? I haven't been keeping close track, but I specifically chose a later pledge wave for similar reasons.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Did they give a new time frame? I haven't been keeping close track, but I specifically chose a later pledge wave for similar reasons.

On the last Wyrmlife, they went over their original timeline and the expected adjusted timeline once they receive some new equipment.  The estimate is that the new equipment will cut six months off the time line.  Again, that assumes that their estimate are correct, the equipment comes in on time and they get it dialed in in the amount of time that they expect.

So take all numbers with a grain of salt.  Wyrmwood gives interested parties a glimpse behind the curtain, by putting internal discussions up on YouTube in their Wyrmlife series, but it can be very easy to take internal off hand speculation as gospel.  At least that is my feeling.

• Like 4

Oh man, this has easily been one of the worst run Kickstarters I've seen. The train-wreck just keeps getting worse every update as they fall further behind, all while saying "we'll start ramping up soon!" for close to a year now.

I got my table quite a few months back - Feb backer, table arrived in July. It looks great, but definitely not "perfect". Some minor dings on the legs/body, fitting issues due to improperly cut joints (~1/4" gap on the top, but not visible with topper on so... whatever), etc. My topper was a complete mess - 2 pieces scuffed, both edge pieces had knots that went all the way through, and while I got rustic walnut, it half the topper pieces were a fair bit more rustic than the others. I suspect they mixed in non-rustic walnut parts, since one topper piece very clearly had a knot filled in.

The good news is that, after mentioning it to their customer service (which itself was a crappy process that took almost 2 months to get any response from), they sent me a new topper that is (mostly) much better. The bad news is the new topper's edges don't quite align, and they even changed the topper's bevel since the new and old toppers don't quite match up. I was hoping to take the best from each set, and use the rest as backups (since that topper ain't cheap).

Ultimately, I'd rate the table as "pretty good". I'm not blown away, Wyrmwood isn't the "pinnacle of perfection" that their fans make them out to be, but it looks good - as well it should for ~$4200 USD. I got the cupholder and little tray accessories, and those have been quite handy and work well.

Here are some quick pictures from July from when I first put it together, before I cleaned up my game room.PXL_20210702_025302260.thumb.jpg.0565a953786178023e94869685ae82cc.jpg

PXL_20210702_025410652.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/27/2021 at 1:22 AM, Spodi said:

Oh man, this has easily been one of the worst run Kickstarters I've seen. The train-wreck just keeps getting worse every update as they fall further behind, all while saying "we'll start ramping up soon!" for close to a year now.

Oh you sweet, sweet summer child...

I'm not worried.  They are communicating regularly (big plus) and making progress.  I have no idea/expectation of when my table will come in (expected delivery was July 2021), but I know it will come.   They do seem to be taking over a month to go through a month's worth of tables but they are making progress and explaining what is going wrong and what they are doing to fix this. 

I wouldn't say that it is well run, but I wouldn't say that it is bad either, and far from the worst. 

• Like 2

Yeah….got my July 2021 tier last Wednesday.put it together myself, but had to have the wife help flip it over when she got home. I feel kind of bad as it sounds like most of the May and June tiers hadn’t delivered yet. I got the wargame table in tavern elm. The topper block, magnetic card shelves, and player desk accessories didn’t ship with the order. Really happy with the quality, fit on oneend is slightly off, but pretty sure I am the only one that will notice as I assembled it. 

First game on it today with my son playingBatman the automated series. 

DFD9EB03-0362-477F-BD2D-E0A230D29E2E.thumb.jpeg.f042c351c872fed40d02915783960fdf.jpeg

• Like 5

Got mine assembled on Saturday, then played some Outer Rim on it.  It is a good, solid piece of furniture.  I'm happy I got it. 

One of the cupholders is warped JUST enough so that it doesn't fit in the outer rail but does fit (extremely tightly) in the inner rail.  Otherwise everything works fine.  

Time for new chairs!

PXL_20220528_230052798.thumb.jpg.a0a218d280acd7feef342684654cc705.jpgPXL_20220528_205459841.thumb.jpg.1f48edcc528e8ece4e759ba084a25f9b.jpg

• Like 7