Jump to content

77579 Goremaw, Great Worm


Recommended Posts

Started this guy, some progress pictures. I keep wanting to do a darkish blue purple to bright redish purple on the skin, but I keep screwing it up. My first attempt my drybrushing was way out of line and screwed the model up, plus the whole model was too blue, so glazed it over with more pinkish color and drybrushed again. This worked great until I decided to wash it with a GW purple wash, that shifted my whole hue into effectively monochrome (pic 3), and once it dried it left white-ish spots in deep recesses. So I just did another layer of glazing with some inks to get some of that blue back, think I'll now do a very careful pigment wash and drybrush over that once it dries, so I can move to other parts of the model.

 

image0.thumb.jpg.d324def73bcaf2d2580daf6f2ad0ad82.jpg

image1.thumb.jpg.0d5205ac8fabe54c5b9d88823ee9a633.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.84763860889be0b6779aa056124ebdc1.jpg

image3.thumb.jpg.7f7c11412c1651425c0a92664b8b3523.jpg

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Underside done. I was considering different options here, making it teal or brighter yellowish brown, but figured that something toned down will fit better and won't steal focus from the maw where it should be once I paint that part. Dark fleshtone base, followed by tan drybrush, followed by same dark fleshtone + black pigment wash focused on sides, followed by tan + light skin tone drybrush focused on the center, and finally a sepia ink wash focused on sides. As I was drying the ink I got some leaking on the purple and noticed that it tints it into a nice brown, and it sneaks in some green hue. I glazed front of his plates with the ink to tie the whole thing together.

 

 

image4.jpg

Edited by Maciej
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mouth roughly finished, made the "gums" brownish on the outside, sort of matching the underbelly (although more red and slightly brighter) and red on the inside. The teeth were super annoying to paint (not least because I stuck this guy on a 130mm base), so after doing a base coat I pulled out masking putty that I bought a while ago but haven't had a chance to use and highlighted it with the airbrush. After that it's just weathering with agrax earthshade and some very mild drybrushing.

 

F257AEB1-6330-49EF-866E-071CDF3D58F2.thumb.jpg.c2704ac3f885abc923573718e324888a.jpg0CE1619F-52AD-43B7-A08D-C429508AF29A.thumb.jpg.47977114d3a9b0901bd15fb6939ff149.jpg

Edited by Maciej
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Done with the spikes. Next I need to wash/glaze the ridges on the skin that the spikes protrude from with dark blue purple to tie them together, then maybe use the sepia ink just on where the spikes connect to skin to tie them together since the detail there is spotty on some spikes.

image5.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...