Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Knight Models Marvel Black Panther

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mierot
      About five or six years ago I received the Knight Models 75mm Boromir as a Christmas gift. I started to assemble the pieces and became intimidated by what I needed to do to 1) finish assembly and 2) actually paint him. Last year I finally worked up the nerve to start painting, got some base colors and his face started, then again lost my nerve and drive. A couple of months ago I at last took Boromir off my shelf-of-unlimited-opportunity and started working. 

I finally finished him.

Front view:

Back view:

Three-quarter view:

Does this lighting wash me out?

(Some day I'm going to work out my photography settings and workflow.)

Each model is a learning experience and I learned quite a bit on Boromir: how to deal with large expanses of space, a method of highlighting black, keeping colors (somewhat) in balance on a large figure, and the importance of securing the weight of a big hunk of white metal. All and all, I enjoyed painting Boromir and I'm no longer afraid of taking on larger sizes.
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Today, I'm not feeling working on my main ReaperCon project for the diorama so I figured to stay productive and still do something I'll go ahead and start a WIP thread for some tabletop to tabletop+ painted figures of mounts and/or animal companions for the characters in my D&D game.

First off I'm doing these three bones figures: animal companion brown bear (Jim), animal companion black panther (Alex), and Phantasmal blue panther mount (Bagheera). These are for the monk/ranger character in my D&D 'Broken Gods' game.

I will use some green stuff to even out and blend into the bones broccoli bases, the bigger panther will get a green stuff made saddle and harness. 

After I'm done with these three:
      I will paint up a golden lion (the companion to the panther figure from bones 3 I believe) Find a fox figure big enough to be a mount - will need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. Acquire a nightmare figure for a mount or modify a horse or unicorn
    • By Ghool
      This thing is massive.
      That's a 60mm base that I had to trick out to get it to even fit.
      It's solid pewter and weighs about 1lb.
      It was probably the worst cast model I have ever encountered.
      Every undercut was filled with metal and had to be scooped out.
      It took forever to paint. For-ever.
      I'm glad it's over.

• By Edsterdoom
      Here are two shots of a recently painted Batman from Knight Models.

The model was a pain to put together and are a bit thin for my liking. Not sure they will stand up to lots of playing. This was a very simple paint to get me out of a bit of a painting lull after doing some gladiators.

I have the Joker and some henchmen to do for this and then I may try out the rules. Not sure I will buy a lot more although the Hulk model is very nice and so is the Hulk Buster Iron Man. It's a shame they are so damn expensive.

As always comments welcome.
    • By Ghool
      The Gotham Butcher for my Court of Owls list for the Batman miniature game. He was pretty tough to photo due to the pose.
      I'm working on the rest of the list, and picked a quick easy scheme to get them done fast.
      The first of 9.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)