Here they are.  I had a little extra time, so I was able to get the Bones version of Andre Durand done today, too.  Total: 14. 

IMG_20200706_215322967.jpg.e93b679d17950e4782ceb29c2be7ad1e.jpg

IMG_20200706_215436150.jpg.f433841c35801f6982c42db670bffec7.jpg

I've got to work on my photo booth before I get any beauty shots for Show Off. 

• Like 5

Here are my results for the paint binge!

I needed a troll fighter so...

20200705_170013.thumb.jpg.6dd57f9db7db227783c85c9c014bf53c.jpg

My friends helped me test a new game I created so I made a small gift....

20200705_165727.thumb.jpg.32bac51ff48d56089fcf5b8d0641fa02.jpg

I still had some smog rider figures from last year's Reapercon to paint:

20200705_165936.thumb.jpg.c3b9b9ac206da95561bf3c39e6516d56.jpg

and my favorite, the Genie, Djinn, or something like that:

20200705_165620.thumb.jpg.9eb3baa7c75b9513667303024cc8d779.jpg

This poor girl went through the ringer.

I went to spray it with dull coat and found out the hard way the spray PAINT and the spray LACQUER rattle cans look almost identical...

I only caught her with a glancing shot of spray paint but it still took several hours to repair.

• Like 4
On 7/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, Jay said:

I went to spray it with dull coat and found out the hard way the spray PAINT and the spray LACQUER rattle cans look almost identical...

I only caught her with a glancing shot of spray paint but it still took several hours to repair.

I try to maintain the habit of always spraying the edge of the box lid or whatever I have miniatures laid out on first, to make sure I really am holding the can I think I am ...

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thefub
      This is my first "speed paint". I estimate around 2 hours per mini. The sculpts are hit or miss but I think they did a good job with the faces. I learned a bit about speed painting and what I could possibly get away with. I used Uniform Gray primer, a minimal pallet, Quickshade Strong Tone, and added a a bit to a few bases.

The gray primer I left for anything that was steel and I like the end result. I am working in the Generals (bad guys) now. Most of their sculpts are not that good but the dragon looks pretty good. I will continue with the expansion sets after the base game is painted.

Sorry for the double post.
    • By TGP
      A thread dedicated to Work In Progress pix of those minis that have sacrificed their surface area to the never ending the quest to find ways of slapping paint on without it looking like absolute rubbish.

(Some miniatures may be harmed in the making of this thread.) 

Contents List:
      A Random Space Marine
      A (bugbear?) shaman
      A bloke named Mangu
      To be edited if more be added…...

Keywords
      TGPTGP, speedpaint, speed paint, color scheme tests
    • By Citrine
      This was a quick speed paint, less than an hour. And I think the Night Spectre (Reaper Bones SKU 77099) turned out looking awesome for the amount of effort put in.

• By Inarah
      This was a super quick project.  DH printed the model on Tuesday and I painted it in about 6 hours on Wednesday. So <48 hours from liquid resin to finished model. 

I intentionally wanted to work with vibrant colors and picked jade green, gothic crimson and golden yellow as my starting paints.  The figure is slightly modified, a crossbow on her hip broke, and I shaved the remains off.  I added the fangs with paint, I think the figure was intended to be an elf. 

• By Citrine
      Recently I bought a bottle of the brown GW contrast paint (Fyreslayer Flesh), and decided to try it out on this large Reaper metal bear (SKU 14452).  It took less than an hour to finish, so color me impressed.  I have all the Army painter quickshades, I am going to try some of those soon on other speed paints, just to see if I can get similar results.
      I painted the bear white first, then used the contrast paint, in some places I had to spot fix areas where it t go into every crevasse.  Then I painted the mouth, eyes claws and base. and finished it off with some pre-made plant matter.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)