Maledrakh's 77352 Demi-Lich

Maledrakh

The last few weeks have been very busy with very little time or inspiration to paint, as the general lack of posts lately will bear full witness to.

200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li 200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li

As you might imagine, I was going for green magical flames.  I struggled with this, and it did not turn out as I had envisioned it.

This one I count as a bit of a failure, and I am not at all satisfied with how it turned out. Maybe I will repaint the whole thing at some point but for now I am rather sick of it.

At leaast it does look much better IRL on the table than when magnified in photos. Somthing which is a small comfort. The white for "teeth" does not work at all in the pictures and I might just redo that part and leave the rest alone. Or not. The wierd thing is that the white "teeth" are not that bad IRL. But once seen, it cannot be unseen...

200614-reaper-bones-2-exp1-77352-demi-li

What is this sorcery?! 

Gah! Even the captions are uninspired. I should probably just go to bed.

77352 Demi Lich

Bones 2 Core set, 2013, from the Expansion set #1

Reaper Miniatures

Sculpted by Julie Guthrie

Made in Bonesium PVC

30mm base.

available from reapermini.com

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I finished up the two figures on the left this weekend, and the other one last month (although I didn’t post a picture at the time).

They are the three members of a package originally sold by Ral Partha as 02-946, Champions, from the “All Things Dark and Dangerous” range sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

I don’t especially need more fighters to support my hypothetical D&D game, but I had them on hand and primed them near the start of the pandemic.  I won them in an Ironwind sponsored round of the speed painting competitions at Gencon a couple of years back.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaperaurians!

So just finished this one up and got him photographed, a mini I've been wanting to paint forever but just recently found the time and space, it's a very nice classic Ral Partha Dragon, sculpted back in the eighties by the immortal Julie Guthrie, sculptress extraordinaire!

Biggest and only real problem was to decide on the color, but once I did, it didn't really feel like it took too long.  The other thing was I didn't know how low I wanted to paint those bumps and spiked black, so I kind of just painted them at the head and then at the tail but I had liked the shading I'd done on the rest of the bumps enough that I just decided to leave him red.

and then some closeups:

So hope you enjoy him, I think this brings up my lifetime total of painted dragons to maybe six or seven. Haven't done too many!

• By Metalchaos
      Dungeon Dwellers 07031, Giant Rat sculpted by Julie Guthrie. The base is 25mm. Is that model already oop? (Should be released in bones USA this year).

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone! I completed Dorella last September and just found some time last week to paint and add her pet next to her. Here's Dorella Kreeg and her Giant Rat familiar named "It Tickles". She's a sorcerer in The Hook Mountain Massacre Written by Nicolas Logue, the third chapter in the Rise of the Runelords adventure path published in 2007 for Pathfinder.

60027, Dorella Kreeg the Ogre Shaman was sculpted by David Summers and the 07031, Giant Rats (familiar) were sculpted by Julie Guthrie. There is a magnet under the rat that has no base so it can stay securely on Dorella's base or be removed when the other model is used individually on its 25mm base.

• By Metalchaos
      Some more ghouly chill down your spine, this is the stuff of nightmare. These are 77720, Ghouls and Ghast sculpted by Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)