Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Echoes of Camelot

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story

615f7c549d69e9cd43620d13441f4b46_origina

Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.

These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.

We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.

This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

144f888c5fff52ac6b0348d2df045c46_origina
be74a26792b8b097f5357a202140989e_origina

0d36ec24e6934cdacf776387043d7bc3_origina
688506e3a8640f81fbba04ac896e1895_origina
7cd499262b8a8df183d95d650820d7f9_origina
d1fd6eb0d62da04928084e91892fab30_origina Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA"
8f631f112033ccbd3728d9e0ba1adc61_origina
b2c03e4d249661f908b1a41cb55a23f7_origina
de2ee6c3436bb52b9401ef8173062873_origina
fd6931540acb060f714081c35930c554_origina Painted by Marc Masclans
988688b874030414f57bc9092ed1ce3e_origina
d42ac9f2638a61f6b2a0dba732f3bbb5_origina
c57fcd3d3590c3c6d22f17f78bb4666a_origina
595f9c3704311b735dca64b2753f5db1_origina Painted by Arnau Lazaro
ada007e163abf0af5908a278ea1c3892_origina
Edited by SamuraiJack
live
  • Like 3

I've got one of their busts. Really beautifully produced. No air bubbles. The pieces went together perfectly. I'm definitely interested to see where they go with a celtic Arthurian concept.

• Like 4

I am curious about it, but the goblin I just finished from Big Child Creatives was a pretty poor cast. Resin bubble+blob on the nose, big crack in the ankle, more mold slip than expected for cost, and packaged such that an ear broke off. Other Vancouver painters got good casts though. I suspect they're probably Usually Good, but need to do better quality assurance checks.

• Like 1

After the first few (reasonably priced) pledge levels one can't help the feeling they just got greedy. Three thousand euro pledge level anyone? Fifteen hundred? Nine hundred? Hmm.....

Now to find out which figures are Standard and which are Exclusive. Did I see a Sir Bercilak (The Green Knight) sculpt briefly during the campaign video? I did. I'm not sure I like this version very much. No axe. No terrifying face.

There's not a lot of clarity as to which figures are available under the Squire pledge as opposed to the Adventurer pledge level. I'm in for a single Standard figure for now because there's a pledge manager promised. That being said their sir Bercilak sculpt, while not the best way I'd like to imagine sir Bercilak,  would easily fit into some kind of barbarian army on the tabletop as some kind of giant.

It would appear that one of the stretch goals is an alternate weapon for the Green Knight so hopefully that's his trusty axe.

Bercilak.jpg.d04be146c5fb07da5e5eae373f5e8365.jpg

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Hmm or Pelinor and the questing beast

Or Yvain, the Knight of the Lion? They could do something crazy and have him riding his boon companion instead of having it be by his side.

• Like 1

So I'm currently at $150 total, but likely to jump up to $250 total and switch to the Knight Errant pledge..  I know I already want Galahad, the Green Knight and Uther, it looks like Guinevere will be unlocked before too long, so as long as I am  buying 3 standard ones and the KS exclusive, it doesn't make any sense to not get the 4th regular one for free. which will probably be Mordred or Merlin.  

3 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

So I'm currently at $150 total, but likely to jump up to $250 total and switch to the Knight Errant pledge..  I know I already want Galahad, the Green Knight and Uther, it looks like Guinevere will be unlocked before too long, so as long as I am  buying 3 standard ones and the KS exclusive, it doesn't make any sense to not get the 4th regular one for free. which will probably be Mordred or Merlin.  

I'm currently at 50 trying to work out if I can go up to 100 for Galahad then add 50 for sir Kay or the Green Knight in the pledge manager. I liked sir Kay's moustache (very Sturm Brightblade, Knight of Huma) but the way that he's been painted without one so convincingly gives me concern that the moustache detail might not be very refined.

• Like 1