Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Echoes of Camelot

Oh my god it's finally happened. Looks like they've gone full Scale75 on this.

Hello everyone! We got a bit delayed but the surprise we've been preparing is ready! As some of our backers had rightly guessed, this is the update in which we're adding 35mm scale figures to our collection! These days we've been working at full speed, to be able to adapt the 75mm sculpts of some of our characters so they work on smaller scale and we ended up with, so far, four extremely detailed versions for our 35mm scale catalogue for you to collect or play with!

To introduce them in our campaign, we'll create separate pledges for them and we'll include them as add-ons: you can add one of the new 35mm figures to your order for just 15€!

On top of that, for new backers in our campaign, we've created two new pledges: one with just one 35mm figure for 15€,  and one with the four of them for 45€.

But, for all the support that we've received from the loyal backers who have supported us up until now, we want to make you one last gift. It's a last gesture that we want to have with you, and we want to reward you for this incredible support that you've given us. Anyone who bought a 75mm scale figure will get a 35mm scale Sir Kay for free! And all the Knight of the Round Table pledge backers will also  get the four initial figures on 35mm scale: Morgana, Lancelot, Sir Kay and Merlin! This raises the actual pledge value to 762€ (not counting the Kickstarter exclusive extra pieces!) versus the 370 that it costs!

But for this to be possible, we still have to reach the 185.000€ financing goal. We're almost there!

Thank you so much everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now this will be interesting. They can't just scale the existing sculpts down like Scale75 did without adapting the. Thin parts like spears or swords need to be thicker. The overall level of detail needs to be reduced otherwise most of it will be lost in the scale transition. They basically need to tweak things a fair bit.

And now all of them, including Galahad will be available in 35mm..  so now I might need a 35mm Galahad..  and then there's the Morgana bust which I am sure we will hit the goal for

At this point I'm leaning towards Sir Galahad and/or the Green Knight in 75mm then about half the 35mm figures. I might need to do some careful calculations and be very grateful that there'll be a pledge manager afterwards.

I'm still at just Galahad and the Green knight in 75mm, but that could easily grow to include Guinevere, Uther and Merlin in 75mm with the Galahad 35mm and Morgana bust

I’m contemplating backing, but the only example of their work I’ve ever ordered is stuck in international mail purgatory. 

For those who have their stuff, have you liked the quality? Have their been issues with either of their previous KSs (outside the usual “my pledge never showed up” from people who didn’t pay enough attention to complete the PM)?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Tasso said:

I’m contemplating backing, but the only example of their work I’ve ever ordered is stuck in international mail purgatory. 

For those who have their stuff, have you liked the quality? Have their been issues with either of their previous KSs (outside the usual “my pledge never showed up” from people who didn’t pay enough attention to complete the PM)?

Thanks!

I ordered one of their busts in the past. It arrived in really good condition. No air bubbles and virtually nonexistant mould lines. I was quite impressed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tasso said:

Thanks!

I have several of their figures and the quality is quite good.  There was some kind of issue with one of their previous KS where they let another company take care of the shipping.  It didn't go well so they decided to take care of packing and shipping themselves for future campaigns.  I didn't have any problems but they still sent me a complimentary mini to make up for the inconvenience.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2020 at 2:51 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

It would appear that one of the stretch goals is an alternate weapon for the Green Knight so hopefully that's his trusty axe.

Looks like this is the case. 

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to get in on these. Better start practicing.  

Almost forgot to do my PM on this.. I opted for pieces that had KS exclusive extra parts, and ones that would be a different painting challenge for me.. I thought about Uther but I have several large armor heavy pieces already

Ended up with:

BCEC75013    Sir Galahad 75mm    
BCEC75011    Queen Guinevere 75mm    
BCEC75008    Mordred 75mm    
BCEC75006    The Lady of the Lake 75mm    
BCEC75005    The Green Knight 75mm    x2