Sign in to follow this  
henry1

Help me find a Figure: Synergistic Invocator

One of my friends at the LGS wants a figure of the Synergistic Summoner, I thought it sounded dumb and then I figured out it was a Pathfinder class, it makes sense to me (sorry I LOATH Pathfinder) It has been explained to me that it is a model wearing that it is Eidalon (spirit beast) as armor / protection. So I'm looking for models with faces similar to those carved into the armor or cloaks with horror expressions.

Thank you.

This is quite a difficult task.

If I'm getting it correct you're looking for a:

- Human character (?)

- Male or Female doesn't matter

- Some kind of spirit beast used as armor

- Contains horrific faces on the armor

Am I understanding it correct?

My google search for a Synergistic Summoner was unconclusive aswell.

How about this one:

Hellknight, Order of the Nail

https://www.reapermini.com/search/pathfinder/latest/60123
Hellknight, Order of the Nail

Anti Paladin

https://www.reapermini.com/search/pathfinder/latest/60103

Anti Paladin

Or maybe this one?

Mystic Theurge

https://www.reapermini.com/search/pathfinder/latest/60063

Mystic Theurge

Or this one:

Olaf, Wolf Warrior

https://www.reapermini.com/search/pelt/latest/02289

Olaf, Wolf Warrior

Edited by Venun

Welcome to the forum, first of all!

Sounds like you want something from Kingdom Death.  Screaming or Brawling Armor?  The class sounds kind of neat actually.

Pretty sure you mean Synthesist Summoner. In Pathfinder the Synthesist Summoner archetype (archetype being a class variant) wears the being that they summon like a suit. They operate it from the inside like a giant puppet or a mech and feed it their life force to keep it present. How the summoned Eidolon looks depends on you.

The Summoner is an unusual class in Pathfinder. You don't really play the Summoner. You play the summoned Eidolon while the Summoner serves as a back rank support caster to power up the Eidolon with various booster spells. The Eidolon is a unique magical creature that the Summoner can call forth into the world. It's uniqueness is it's strength. It's literally a Build Your Own Monster kit. You pick a base form (humanoid, qudruped, snake etc) and then you essentially get points to pick options (like giving it an extra pair of arms or the ability to swim, wings, a tail etc). There are a lot of options and you get to rebuild it every time you gain a level so it can lose mutations and gain new ones but the base form will always remain the same. It could be designed to be a Centaur, Manticore, vaguely human shaped bodyguard, or even a giant windmill like bipedal creature with so many arms that it looks like a stick of broccoli!

So the Synthesist basically sits inside the monster they have created wearing it like armour. A physical manifestation of their will. You'd want a normal version of the Summoner for times when the Eidolon is not present. Also the Synthesist archetype has some major gameplay issues. It's really badly balanced and, more importantly, a lot of players don't understand how it works. The archetype eventually got banned from the Pathfinder Society because so many players didn't understand how the Synthesist was supposed to juggle two pools of hit points (the Eidolon's and his own). Constant discussions and explanations bogged down gameplay and took the fun out of convention play where time is limited. Even a lot of Synthesist players didn't understand it and had to have things explained to them.

It's a good creative idea but poorly implemented. The Eidolon's raw combat stats can often render frontline fighter types redundant, overshadowing fighter, paladin & ranger types with it's huge amount of health and attack and damage bonuses. It's only true weaknesses are that the Eidolon can be banished (using high level magic which low level foes won't have access to) and it disappears if the Summoner loses consciousness (and take a long time to summon afterwards).

• Like 2