Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

City Square Board on foamcore

So I salvaged this bit of 16×20 particle board from a broken picture frame. I'll be using some of my foam core to make a city square/crossroads board with my foam rollers. Something for city games that isn't too time consuming, but is also good for a wide spread of genres with the proper buildings and scatter

The tough part will be steaming off the paper and cutting down the various bits for rolling.

20200617_221739.jpg

• Like 8

So that was easier than planned. About 5 minutes all told?

20200618_124214.thumb.jpg.73dedb20a4c8570a5a60b599700ef1e5.jpg

Do I get a prize?

20200618_124312.thumb.jpg.6f0dea1c3f9e75709dff853df983d3f4.jpg

Hopefully you can see the path. Will add 1 in on each interior corner to make a 4x4 square.

20200618_124252.thumb.jpg.6e79fcc331bc164e54bf66feb7c115c7.jpg Now I just need to find a ruler to trace my square. Then I can cut, roll, glue tonight. And modge on the weekend. Then paint on monday and maybe seal on wednesday.

• Like 3

Things have been drying for 4 hours. 1 side is hanging over and I'll need to trim it flush. There's some gaps, and I think I'll give them a quick caulk so that stuff can dry all morning. That'll be close to 24 hours for a modgepodge & black craft paint sealer coat. Then I'll be able to base coat and dry brush over the weekend.

I suppose this is more of am intersection than a square... but. Reminder for next time - have pins handy to close up those seams.

20200618_184140.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 7

The cat woke me up early. Things have been caulked. Not sure how visible it is. Was a bit difficult to clean off the rolled surface. 6 hours until water contact 24 until cure so I'll wait. The black lines are pencil, not gaps.

20200619_060313.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 4

I'm not in the mood for the various steps.  Things need to sit then I'll do a grey and brown wash. Then highlight with grey and tan, maybe a little green for the flag stone. Drybrushing this much is a pain.

20200620_142322.jpg

• Like 10

And some dry brush. Will do another wash in... an hour or so and see about final dry brush tomorrow

20200620_204107.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this