Yeah I'm gonna do another coat of glue.  stuff isn't as secure as I hoped. Putting the modge on the edges picked up too much flock

• Like 1

New board pieces in small village layout (if I do 2 more grass and road pieces and 4 corner squares, I can fully surround a small village). This is compatibility with my current scatter

20200911_130737.jpg

20200911_130843.jpg

20200911_131108.jpg

You can see some of the spots on the edge where the extra modgepodge is. That's  SOLID but I think if I do anything again it'll be an extra coat of glue/matte medium/matte modgepodge and water. Things aren't coming off, but I want them to be extra durable with a toddler.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 6

I couldn't leave well enough alone, so now I have 2 more of the cobblestone and grass patches to match gluing on my desk.

These are just foamcore in double layers, so won't be as stiff, but should be similar enough

• Like 2

Not gonna take too many more process pics, but it's real.

One... I didnt cut as carefully as I thought, so there's a bit of Pollyfilla for the gaps. It'll be fine.

20200912_183458.jpg

20200913_202944.jpg

• Like 4

Got a spray seal in this morning and should be able to get a glue seal at lunch. Will try to take a pic of the square surrounded by green if possible.

• Like 2

So I guess 4 12x12 inch "grass" squares to fill out the gaps? So 44x44 "village."

Not my priority, but cool. Gonna do 6 river banks (both sides, so 12 pieces). 

20200914_122134.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 7

On 9/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, Rigel said:

Looking good! Very tranquil and pleasant. Good spot for a statue or fountain in the middle there.

I've got a few options already! Including my Cthulhu squid head thing, my giant city square plinth. 

• Like 2

Ugh. One of the grass and road boards warped a bit. I'm weighing it down. Also some bits were apparently sticky and stuff got ripped off. I'll need to touch up. I measured the corners, and I have 2 12x12 spaces and 2 10x12 I guess I was a touch off on measurements. Anyway... I'll get to those eventually. I might try reversible sections to avoid stuff. Will have to see how it works out first. I'll try a small pond in one, and a swamp in one, and if those are okay, then I'll try a similar kind of flock to what I did above on the opposite side.

Other related stuff besides the river edges, would be a dock/harbour edge.

I might look for artist masonite for something more sturdy to avoid warping.  I can also work towards  a piece that works for my lighthouse to tie those in.

Now to see if I can find some reasonably priced pouring medium to use points on amazon, or else just buy from local art supply.

• Like 3