Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Painted rocks

So my sister, has a hobby where she paints and hides rocks around her small Wisconsin town. 

I learned recently that she has not one, but 2 different clubs  organized on FB, dedicated to this hobby in her town.

She told me that some (like her 3 Totro rocks) she likes too much and left them "Hiding" in her house instead. 

One of the neighborhoods I run through, has a single painted small rock in front of at least 8 houses, the owner I stopped to talk too says he didnt know who left it there. 

so this month I painted a few. 

The first is the largest, about 7" long and I left it with a pile of similar rocks at my Mini-spawns school. 

Dragon Lake 

Hippo with pumpkin

Space turtle 

Does anyone else do this?  

Post you rocks! 

1085331296_schoolrock.thumb.jpg.d9e32dc38f0defab8f70d9ea7e7c8a44.jpg

Dragon Lake rock.jpg

hippo rock.jpg

turtle rock.jpg

changes rock.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 14

I don't, but my mother does. Her town also has a dedicated group for it. She brought a bunch of her painted rocks when she last visited me and hid them around here. Three rainbow rocks she painted sit on the cobblestones of our apartment building. They have her town group's hashtag on the back so people can look up the group, lol. Make sure to varnish them well for the sake of lasting outside :)

• Like 3

Never heard of it. But I do see painted stones around the neighborhood from time to time. Looked it up after reading your post and turns out there is a FB group of about 4900 people doing this in my city! Very neat, thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

I've never painted rocks, but I do occasionally stack them when I'm spending time walking around outside and happen to find an area with a decent supply of rocks... Rock-stacking is actually a fairly common thing in New England - we have lots of rocks, so anytime you're in an outdoor area with a lot of rocks, there's a good chance somebody took a moment to stop and stack a few of them in some interesting way.

(We New Englanders are a rock-stacking people, lol.)

• Like 2