Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

Seeing that his spell is working Tanner concentrates on maintaining the spell through the stone hoping that Kyme will be able to free himself before the spell's duration runs out.

DM:

The battle overhead continued, with Gund sneaking up on the hag and attacking it from the back. Hitting the hag wit ha critical, the dwarf ripped into the hideous creature's back (2 damage [DR-10]).

Ismark swung next, but missed the hag by an inch as it stepped aside from the blow.

Vic also swung his sword, and slashed it across the hag's chest (3 damage [DR-10]).

The hag screeched it's fury, and attacked Ismark with vengeance. She jumped on him, and bit into his neck (unconfirmed critical), causing awful pain, and a strange feeling of sickness (15 damage, and disease).

Taking a moment, Ismark was able to shake off the effect of the Demon Fever (passed Fort. save).

The hag backed off a bit, and readied herself for another spring towards the priest that killed her sister.

KYME-

The tiefling nodded at Tanner, and grabbed the rock that was held against his back. He flexed his chest, took a deep breath, and began using the rock to smash into the rusty mannacle.

Spark emmited after every blow as the rock collided against the metal, but after the third blow, the rock smashed the manacle to rusty pieces and Kyme fell onto the cauldron, unnable to grasp the chain as he had intended to (OOC- He was trying to grab the chain, then swing onto the stairs to fight the hag).

He fell onto the cloak that was held above the cauldron lid (the rock alsmot feel onto the cauldron, but hit the rim and went into the ground). The weight pushed the fabric down, and the acid burned through the cloack and seared his back lightly.

He grunted, and quickly slid off the cauldron, and onto the ground. He was naked at the chest, and his muscles were strained. His back was red, the acid burning a small spot of skin off. A light stream of blood was coursing down the skin of his back.

"Sword! I need sword!" he pleaded, rubbing his back, and keeping his demonic cat eyes on the battle on top of the stairs.

DM:

There were footsteps echoing from the cave entrance, and the form of the graceful dryad appeared into the chamber.

She looked the same, but this time, her eyes were grim and cold, and her lips was curled with an evil smile. The dryad glanced up at the battle, then down at Tanner, Shannon, Kyra, and Kyme.

"Well... I can't let you have all the fun, sister..." she said, her voice raspy.

She continued moving towards the group on the bottom floor (those around the cauldron), her face slowly shifting into the hideous hag that she was.

(OOC- Don't panic, all. This one is like the one Ismark, Gund, and Tanner slew, not a night hag. :poke:)

Tanner spins around at the approaching footsteps. As he watches the form of the beautiful dryad transform into a hideous hag, he feels a strong wave of revulsion. He grimly draws his scimitar and attacks the foul creature.

VIC:

Vic glanced down at the group fighting the second hag, then turned back to the Night Hag.

His eyes glowed, and he raised his huge sword for another go at the Night Hag.

"This is one hell of a party..." he muttered.

Ismark grimaces as he endures the Hags vicious bite, his eyes gloss over as he fights off the sickening feeling that started to course through his blood

“OFF ME!.., you vile creature! Your feeble attempts to weaken me are useless and pathetic!” he shouts, trying his best to conceal his injured state. Ismark can feel his blood running across his shoulder and down his arm. Hoping his armor will cover the severity of the wound he bolster up his will to confront the Hag.

“Your assault is no match for The Chosen of Pelor!.., My Holy Power! is greater than you can imagine. I shall SMITE! you down and your sister will follow too.” He yells unwaveringly. With unbridled fire in his eyes he steps into an upwards swing with his mace, aiming for the Hags head. OOC: Divine Might

Damit, I’ll not hold out much longer he thinks as he hears the commotion from below

"Sword! I need sword!" he pleaded

Blast!, If only.., wait! Shannon still has my Silver Dagger but before he thinks to call out

"Well... I can't let you have all the fun, sister..." she said, her voice raspy

Turning his head slightly to glance down, his eyes fall upon the man called Kyme. His demonic cat eyes studying the battle, then Ismark remembers the ill effect the hags can cause and yells out a warning

“Avoid looking directly at her, she may have the same weakening effect as the one that lays dead in the woods” Ismark picks his words carefully as he continues to taunt the hag before him.

ERL

DM:

There were footsteps echoing from the cave entrance, and the form of the graceful dryad appeared into the chamber.

She looked the same, but this time, her eyes were grim and cold, and her lips was curled with an evil smile. The dryad glanced up at the battle, then down at Tanner, Shannon, Kyra, and Kyme.

"Well... I can't let you have all the fun, sister..." she said, her voice raspy.

She continued moving towards the group on the bottom floor (those around the cauldron), her face slowly shifting into the hideous hag that she was.

I knew it!!!, Gund thinks as he takes a quick glance down. He then turns his full attention to the melee in front of him, circling around to attack the hag's exposed back once more.

DM:

Below-

Although you all feel a bit sick as you stare at the hideous sea hag in true form, but you all manage to overcome the nausaeus feeling it can cause by looking at it (all pass DC 13 Fort. save).

"Here take mine, I have little use for it." Says Shannon to Kyme. She releases her cloak and draws a short sword passing it to Kyme hilt first. Then hearing the second hag enter the cave she panics, not sure what to do she moves behind the cauldron placing the solid piece of metal between her and the new foe. What do I do ? What do I do.

DM:

Below-

Kyme accepted the sword, and turned to face the sea hag. He raised the sword, ready to attack her.

The sea hag looked at Shannon cowering away, and grinned hideously, her teeth green and her skin festering with sores.

"Tsk... tsk... tsk... Hidding like a child, are we? Well, you shall enjoy watching me feast on the flesh of your beloved friends..." it said maliciously, her voice taunting the girl.

Tanner presses his attack on the old crone that had previously posed as such an enchanting creature and flirted with him so obviously. He is thouroughly disgusted at the thoughts that he had earlier when this beast was much more comely!!