Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

Shannon looks up at Kyra streaks running down her face. "Are you sure ? Cos everyone looks different, younger. That's why I thought maybe we were dead." Then hearing the voices speaking in the room Shannon twists her head round, the Gnomes don't really fit into her idea as guardians of the entrance to H3ll. What the heck can't hurt to talk to the little guys. "Oh Hi, who are you ? I'm Shannon." She says trying to blink back the tears and smile in a friendly manner.

Edited by SOldcorn

"Oh Hi, who are you ?"

The little gnome went wide-eyed once again and turned to his companion.

"It can speak Turo, it can speak!!!"

"I know, I know! why did you make it speak???"

"Oh shat your mouth!" Murnig snapped. "Behold I am Murnig, Fiend-Slayer and master enchanter of the Citadel Orega!" he declared and puffed his little chest. Behind him, his companion silently mimicked his speech and rolled his eyes.

"Well he's not my friend per se, we just have this hate-hate relationship." the gnome replied before being elbowed in the ribs by his companion.

"You little...his name is Turo but it is of no consequence." feeling himself loosing the initiative he added "BE QUIET O FOUL demon of darkness or I shall banish you for a hundred years back to the abyss! Where hence delve ye?!"

"Hmmm.... I think he meant to ask you where you're from" Turo added helpfully.

Tanner slowly regains consciousness and shakes his head to clear it. Surprised at the lack of aches and pains in his body after their harrowing experience, he slowly rises to his feet and focuses in on the two little people addressing him and what looks to be Kyra, Shannon and Gund. He manages to catch the brief introduction, but his mind keeps blurring in and out.

Murnig mumbled something under his breath and moved his arms around as if casting a spell. Nothing. He did it again. Still nothing.

”Look Turo, I can’t dismiss them back….” he tried to whisper to his friend.

“Do not come forward O black hearted succubus, I shall not be tempted by your kind! You can’t harm me; you are surrounded by circles of power that would fry any evil creature! Muahahhahahha” he laughed maniacally.

At this point Kyra's patience is running thin. "We are NOT evil creatures, you silly gnome. Where are we from? First most, where the h3ll ARE we and just HOW did we get here? And what, in the name of the Protector, have you done with our clothes!!" She says as she starts to realize that they are all missing several layers of clothing.

At this point Kyra's patience is running thin.  "We are NOT evil creatures, you silly gnome.  Where are we from?  First most, where the h3ll ARE we and just HOW did we get here?  And what, in the name of the Protector, have you done with our clothes!!"  She says as she starts to realize that they are all missing several layers of clothing.

"How rude!" Murnig remarked reproachfully. "We're in Khorvaire, where else?"

The other gnome walked toward a nearby wall where he pressed a button set on a metallic panel. “Vic, can you come up and bring bandages and warm blankets? Thank you”

“This is my latest invention, it allows one to communicate with another person in another room - it’s pretty convenient.” Turo beamed proudly at the surprised adventurers and as if on cue, the panel started to make weird mechanical noises then exploded in a shower of springs and bolts. The poor gnome visibly sagged and went on to retrieve the broken parts.

"Khorvaire?" she whispers softly. She looks to Shannon and the others to see if this made sense to any of the others. She sighs and shakes her head, Where are we?

Shannon stands up and attempts to walk out of the circles enscribed on the floor. "Well I guess we get to see how evil I have been." she says to the others turning to the Gnomes "I come from Siltar and I would really like it if you could return me there." As she stands up and strides forwards in she glances down at her almost naked body, as she does she stops in mid stride, for her body seems different from what she remembers. Then putting it down to just another strange detail among many she continues to head for the circle, attempting to step out,

Shannon managed to step of out of the circle without being fried on the spot. Although, later she said that she did feel really cold but maybe it was because she was half-naked.

The two gnomes relaxed then smiled at her sheepishly. They wondered how in heaven are they going to send them back. Murnig scurried toward Kyra to inspect her wounded arm as the other gnome helped the shaken Tanner up. They both tried not to look at the dwarf.

"Do not waste your strength dear child, you've obviously been through quite an ordeal." the gnome said softly to Kyra.

"So are you able to send us back ? I could really do to get home, I seem somewhat under equipped for life wherever we are. I am sure such clever and resourceful Gnomes such as yourselves will have little problem with such a simple task."

"My dear, it's more complicated than that. I do not even know what went wrong yet but I do know it wasn't my fault...something happened on your side" Murnig answered then considered the situation for a few seconds. "Would you like something to drink?" he added in a more cheerful voice.

"If it can be done at all, it'll take a really long time... Now please, be a quiet little girl and help your friends up ok? We'll talk later and I need to think" the poor flustered gnome whinned.

"And no, no wine for you!!"