Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

"Wait before we repeat our tales again maybe you could tell us some more about this world. Maybe some advice on how we could get to our homes, if not how and where we can earn coin for while we all appreciate your generosity we cannot stay here." Asks Shannon.

"I thought we were here because you summoned us, oh great and powerful Murnig," Gund says sarcastically. He still seems surprised at the sound of his voice. It's not the scratchy, low growl the party was used to, no, it's much smoother now. Like it was before he foolishly got drunk and fell aslep in an alley in the Slum. Hearing Turo's excited request, he leans in and says "I think yer buddy's a little wacko."

"I'm afraid you cannot leave either, at least not yet for I do not know how to send you home and I do not think it can be done." Murnig answered carefully. “Only a God has the power to manipulate the astral planes to bring you back where you are from. And even then, through action and reaction, the consequence of such endeavour would throw chaos throughout the material and temporal plane… I would even go as far as to say Siltar is no more.”

"I thought we were here because you summoned us, oh great and powerful Murnig," Gund says sarcastically. He still seems surprised at the sound of his voice. It's not the scratchy, low growl the party was used to, no, it's much smoother now. Like it was before he foolishly got drunk and fell aslep in an alley in the Slum. Hearing Turo's excited request, he leans in and says "I think yer buddy's a little wacko."

"My action was one of the thousands, no millions of variables that went into the equation. You do not seem to fully gasp the immensity of the astral planes." Murnig answered ignoring the dwarf's sarcastic remark then looked at Tanner hoping he would understand.

"You mean we have lost what we ..... oh gods my home, Natascha, my money .... all gone. You don't know what I had to do to earn that money, you don't want to know. Now I need to start again with nothing. Oh GOD I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. JOREL I WILL KILL YOU IF I EVER FIND YOU."

"You mean we have lost what we ..... oh gods my home, Natascha, my money .... all gone. You don't know what I had to do to earn that money, you don't want to know. Now I need to start again with nothing. Oh GOD I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. JOREL I WILL KILL YOU IF I EVER FIND YOU."

"Your friend Jorel is probably dead or will be or was..." the gnome answered sadly.

"Anyone want anything to eat?" Vic asked cheerfully, as he set down the tray of hot chocolate on the table.

"I think we have some bread and some cheese left... not sure." he said as he turned to the kitchen.

He shrugged, disappeared into the kitchen, then later reappeared without his apron. He sat down at the table, and listened to the conversation.

The gnomes nodded at Vic's question.

"Yeah, and something for the young lady too!" Murnig said cheerfuly.

Vic stood up and went inside the kitchen again. He came out later, with a tray of meat, bread, some cheese, and a few bottles with a few of glasses. He handed out the ale, and the food to everyone.

As he got to Shannon, he placed in front of her a platter of cookies, along with a large glass of milk. He patted the seemingly young girl's head gently, then sat down again.

"It's good for your growth, child!" Murnig added with a sincere smile.

"Ok I have had about all I can take of this I don't care what age I appear, I was recently much older than this and there is no way I am going to live through my teenage years again as a teenager. Lets face it first time round by now I was living on the streets doing whatever I had to to get by. I will do it again now please give me some real food before I get up and leave."

"Here help yourself" Says Shannon passing the plate to Marin.

"Young gir-... Shannon." Vic corrected himself.

"I would eat that if I were you. Remember, while you might not be young on the inside, you are on the outside, and I assume that goes for your health too. If you want to grow tall and strong like you were before, you have to eat right!" he said.

Kyra sits humming to herself, enjoying the bread and cheese. She can see that Shannon is having a hard time adjusting to things. Kyra, on the other, knows that there really isn't anything she can do and it appears that the gnomes can't either. So why not make the best of it and enjoy the change. Besides, she really didn't have anything or anyone that she's going to miss.

She tries to listen to the conversation, however it just seems like people are complaining. She's having a hard time caring about the negative side to this. As far as she's concerned new place, new life, new experiences.

She looks down at her bandaged arm. This needs to go, she thinks frowning. She looks up to Murnig and asks, "Can magic be done here safety? Or will I start another time warp if I do?"