Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

She looks down at her bandaged arm. This needs to go, she thinks frowning. She looks up to Murnig and asks, "Can magic be done here safety? Or will I start another time warp if I do?"

"I truely don't know dear, your magic may not be the same as our... I suggest you wait a little bit more." Murnig said.

"Lets hope things work better than last time, but I agree seeing you hurt is wrong so cast your spell and lets see what happens." Says Shannon nibbling on a cookie Well this is a lot better than selling my body on the streets in many ways.

She looks down at her arm that she has resting on the table. I'm not used to letting a wound heal on it's own. I remember now why I always heal myself. Real healing is so slow. She looks up to Tanner, "You know more about magic than I do. What do you think?"

"My action was one of the thousands, no millions of variables that went into the equation. You do not seem to fully gasp the immensity of the astral planes." Murnig answered ignoring the dwarf's sarcastic remark then looked at Tanner hoping he would understand.

Tanner nods, "I do indeed have some knowledge of astral planes. To put it simply, somehow what we did (probably us, our enemies, and you guys combined) was cause a rift in the natural order of things, a hole in space and time, we got sucked in and were in limbo until things settled back into normal rhythms and we were all dropped here."

"At least, cast some simpler spell and not on you" offered Turo.

Tanner concentrates and mumbles an incantion intending to make his spoon rise off of the table. Nothing seems to happen. He waits a bit longer and still nothing.

"Something seems to have effected my spell casting abilities." Tanner says, the fear evident in his voice. "I can see the spell in my head, it's all there, but I don't seem to be able to use it."

Kyra narrows her eyes in concern. She focuses on his spoon and attempts the same spell. She sings the words softly, however the spoon only slightly trembles. Kyra scrunches her eyebrows in concentration but she finally gives up. She leans back against her chair and stares at Tanner.

"That's not good. Guess I won't be healing this any time soon," she says as she looks at her injuried arm. For some strange reason she feels like pouting and lets her bottom lip drop slightly.

After a moment she looks at the gnomes. "Any suggestions on how we can learn your magic?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

Murnig concentrates on the spoon then mumbled under his breath. The spoon continued to temble slightly then rose awkwardly a few inches before dropping down in front of Kyra.

"Well so much for master enchanter of Citadel Orega uh?" Turo laughed at his friend then winked at Tanner.

Gund watches the magical display with amusement. "Ah, yer not doin' it right," he says, and closes his eyes. He begins to chant "Mumbo mumbo, Kreevie taboosa!", then he reaches over and picks the spoon up with his hand. "There, that's how ya cast the spell Pick Up Spoon!" He laughs loudly. "Don't worry, you magic folks, it'll come back, just give it time." he puts down the spoon and smiles widely at Kyra and Tanner.

Gund not realizing that he was a couple of feet above the ground came crashing back on his chair as he dropped the spoon.

The two gnomes laughed histerically. "It seems that Mr. Tanner here just learned a new kind of magic." Turo said.

Tanner looks in shock to the two gnomes, "What do you mean, 'Mr. Tanner here learned a new kind of magic'??? What the H ell did I do?"

"It's a kind of magic." Turo said as he picked a fork up. "Here we call it infusion." He concentrated it on and after half a minute the mundane ustensil became a flaming fork. "Makes cooking a little easier." the gnome beamed.

"It should come back to you, eventually." Vic said, then stood up. The adamantine plates clanked together as he stretched a bit.

"Well, wherever you're from, you're going to have to familiarize yourself with this place. Not the shiniest gem in the jewelry box, if you know what I mean, but it's a pretty decent place after a while." he said, then carried off the empty plates back into the kitchen. He walked out again, and sat back down in his seat.