Jump to content

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning


Neyuttad
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Though I don't feel staying in this place is the safest idea, Kyme is still out here somewhere, right?" she asks Shannon and Vic.

 

"I assume you all were able to destroy that creature?" she addresses to Tanner, Gund and Ismark. "There is another. It disappeared as I found Sha and Vic here. She mentioned that she was going after Kyme."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"No! We need to leave maybe Kyme has already gone back, I mean h-he is skilled in the woods he won't get lost. P-Please we need to leave we need to find our way out of here before s-s-she r-returns. W-We won't be doing a-any g-good if we just wander around l-looking for someone who isn't h-here. P-Please can w-we j-just go w-we shouldn't s-stay h-here any l-longer than w-we need t-too." Shannon starts to try and get to her feet, her limbs feel like they are lead weights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gund stares at the girl on the ground. "Pull yourself together, Shannon! Get up and stop panicking. I know you're afraid, yeah, we all are, but the way you're acting isn't helping. What we need to do now is think. You can't think when you're acting emotionally," he says, a bit more coldly than he intended. "Now, has anyone actually seen Kyme in these woods? For all we know, that fiend could be just messing with our heads again."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shannon thinks about lying but she is worried that the ranger may still be in the woods. "I-I saw him but I-I don't know how long ago it was, h-how long w-was I out for ? He seemed to b-be stalking something or someone. But I-I am sure he wil ha-have left the woods by now. E-either way we n-need to check he c-could just a-as easily be b-back by the c-caravan. I-I think we n-need to find our w-way out of here first, t-then I can run back to the c-caravan and see if he is t-there. Then I will come b-back and let you know and we can then decide what to d-do next. I can get m-my swords at the s-same time. B-but we mustn't j-just s-stay here waiting for h-her to c-come back. I don't know which way we need to go to get o-out of this w-wood, do a-any of you ?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upon spotting the body of the soldier on the ground Ismark walks over to check on it's condition. Can’t seem to shake what that crone did to me, don’t think the Dwarf faired much better. He kneels down to check the body.

 

“Dead” he says in a low tone. He looks up from the body and focuses his attention on the forest for signs of disturbance. As he looks about he notices the Elf taking note of him while she tends to a young girl what are they doing here?, was this guard one of there escort?

 

After listening to the group Ismark stands, He continues to look about the forest suspiciously. He speaks loud enough for the others to hear.

 

“The villagers said there were three crones, so that leaves two more out there, not one. As for the one we fought, it will trouble this world no longer.”

 

a quick slap normally does the trick he thinks, hoping the Dwarf’s words calm the young girl down.

 

Turning to face the group he continues “If there is another of your group around he will surely need help, though I am feeling worn from my encounter with the crone I will aid you as best I can.” Pausing he wipes the sweat from his brow before continuing.

 

“I believe these crones fear our numbers or else they would have pressed there attack, we should be fine, at least long enough to discern if your friend is about. The village I mentioned is not far off. If this Kyme is a skilled woodsman, it’s most likely he headed deeper into the woods or way from the your group in hopes of luring the crones away, he may have even left markers as he did so.”

 

"He is your companion and you all know him best, you must decide quickly if he can manage on his own or not. If so, lets head back to the village, after recuperating we can return and deal with the other crones.” Ismark says this as if that were the groups intention all along.

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vic looked at the group, then sighed.

 

"I'm sorry Shannon. As much as I want to leave this place, I can't. Kyme's a friend, and I don't abandon friends... at least, not when they are still living and breathing." he said.

 

He took a glance at the guard's body, then his gaze went to the cleric kneeling next to it.

 

"Who the hell are you?" he asked plainly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"W-What does it matter who he is, if he helped that is g-good enough. We need to leave here if we are to find Kyme t-there is no p-point just standing here h-hoping Kyme finds us. Come on Kyra w-we need to get moving somewhere, a-anywhere." As she says this she starts to tug on Kyra's hand. "Please let's go."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Hey now guys save it for the crones or witches or whatever they are alright.” He takes a step back. “Keep in mind that I helped your butt back there." he looks squarely at the Dwarf. Emmit wasn’t kidding when he said the people here were different and that Warforge looks a lot meaner than what I expected. I'm Ismark Arbane, What, When and Where will have to keep till we’ve shared a pint or two. I’ve offered to help, basically because your up against what’s threatening the villagers." I’ve most likely helped you butts anyway seeing that you needed it. Realizing that he’s getting a bit irritated he takes a deep breath.

 

"Listen, truthfully, I don’t think any of us would be standing here now if we hadn’t fought side by side. It’s your man that’s out there so you best be quick about your decision. They’ll not fall for that Soul Mace crap again either." If they did at all

 

Ismark watches the strangers reactions, wondering how far they will go to save a friend.

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vic looked around, then shrugged. A heavy grind of metal followed.

 

"Were do we start? Kyme is a ranger. He's practically born in leaves! If he gets himself in a forest, but can't find a way out, we don't stand a chance!" he said.

 

"Where's this village you're talking about? Is there any good woodsman there that knows these parts well?" he asked the cleric.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, said Ismark." Tanner replies. "I say we get out there and find Kyme. I think we owe him that much."

Ismark nods towards the human male. “As I said, we may have the upper hand for a bit, but there no telling for how long. So everyone will need to be prepared” he glances toward the female Elf and Human girl. She seem to have recovered from her quivering but the girl worries me.

 

"Where's this village you're talking about? Is there any good woodsman there that knows these parts well?"

"The village is in that direction, it’s not far off” Ismark points towards the village. “I’ve no idea if they have any experienced woodsman but I got the sense it was not so, it’s why I came to look about myself.” Ismark relaxes a bit hearing the tone of the Warforge change

 

“I’m no woodsman but I can get by enough in the wilds when need be, I have some skill in tracking but I’m no ranger out of the wilds. It would help to know what signs to look for, some basic information would help greatly. Your friends race, height, weight, clothing and such." blast, I hope his not an Elf, I’ll never find him. "Knowing he’s a ranger is barely enough to track someone as experienced has he sounds. Though I’m sure if his not injured he’ll be fine but that’s what we need to know right?"

 

Looking to the young girl he says “I have a dagger and a longsword both which would serve you well if you have any experience in using them?”

 

He looks back at the dead guard

 

“Is that were you found that fella?, I see your tracks all around him" Ismark looks to the Warforge "Is this Kyme part of you escort?.”

 

Already Ismark is listening and looking about to to see if there is anything unusual happening in the forest. Birds taking flight and such, his eyes rest on the lake to see if there is any movement on the surface.

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'll explain later..." Vic said as he checked the blade of his sword.

 

"Maybe if we try asking around in that village, something might turn up. Kyme might be an expert at stalking the woods unseen, but when he's in crowded space, he's much more recognizable, especially when you look him in the eyes. For a ranger, he probably knows the safest spot would be near the village. If he stopped there or came near those villagers, they might know where he was headed. That could help us..." he continued, then gathered his pouch, which he slung over across his shoulders.

 

"Come on, let's get to the village first and see if we can stock up on gears and ask around. Besides, I can't leave this poor son-uv-a-bi**h lying in the mud like this in the middle of the woods..." the Warforged said as he scooped the body of the guard up, and slung him over his shoulder yet again.

 

"Everyone, be careful. Those hags could be anywhere..." he said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...