Jump to content

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning


Neyuttad
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once they have cleared the woods Ismark points towards the West.

 

“You can pickup the road fairly easy from here, it’s not far off.” he starts brushing off some twigs and dirt then notices that his priestly garment is reversed

 

In my rush to help the villagers I must have don it incorrectly, not likely that they recognize the Holy Symbol of Pelor anyway

 

A bit winded he continues “I must inform the village leader of the danger that exist in those woods. Do any of you intend on staying to look for Kyme, without a description I’ll not be able to recognize him, I’ve only arrived here last night myself."

 

He turns briefly to glance towards the village

 

“Listen, you’ve seen first hand the vileness that dwells in those woods, you all handled yourself well back there” he looks at Tanner and Gund “You would being doing these villagers a great service if you helped to eliminate those crones. Frankly, there is little I will be able to accomplish without your aid.” a bit of frustration shows on his face

 

“No offense intend, heck my ale doesn’t pay for itself, but I have no idea if the villagers can compensate your group for undertaking such a risk, but It’s possible that those wretched crones have something of value.”

 

“I can probable manage with your guard, it will show the villagers the seriousness of the situation.”

 

“So, what do you say. Can I count on your return?”

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“So, what do you say. Can I count on your return?”

Vic dropped the guard's corpse lightly onto the ground, and looked around for signs of the road.

 

"Tanner, why don't you come with me and see if we can spot the caravan." he said.

 

"Just wait here and rest up a bit, priest. We'll be back." the Warforged said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vic nodded, then began walking west, keeping a lookout for the Caravan or the Orien Road.

 

"So Tanner..." the Warforged said, trying to keep his mind of the fact that every joint in his body grinded like Turo's un-oiled cloak.

 

"You guys ever had wars back in Siltar? Armies, and legions, and all that?" he asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suddenly feeling quite uneasy and a bit paranoid, Vic stopped, and turned to face the group, who was some distance away from him.

 

"You know, on second though, I don't think it would be really wise to rest in this particular spot of the woods. You guys better follow us back to the caravan. I know you're all tired, but you can guys can manage another walk in the forest, right?" he asked.

 

He looked around the trees again, but even the peaceful aura gave him the creeps.

 

I guess it's true what they say in the legion. Machines and Nature don't go well together...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As everyone is deciding what is there next course of action and who should journey to the caravan Ismark removes his garment then dons it back on properly revealing the symbol of Pelor for all to see.

 

“Now that’s much better”

 

"You know, on second though, I don't think it would be really wise to rest in this particular spot. You guys better follow us back to the caravan. I know you're all tired, but you can guys can manage another walk in the forest, right?"

Hearing the Warforged he says "I believe the road is a safer alternative than going through those woods again, wouldn't you say?"

 

"It's best if I tag along, considering what we faced in those woods, if Kyme is at the caravan he may be in need of a healer. Besides, the village isn't going anywhere"

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a while the group reached the outskirt of the forest where they saw one of their friend, the shifter inspecting the ground for tracks. Next to him was the cart the group bought before taking on the road. The shifter noticed them as they stumbled out of the wood wearilly.

 

DM: the caravan already left...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Adermar?" Vic said as he stumbled out of the wood.

 

He dusted his metal shoulders from leaves and branches. He noticed there was only one cart on the road, instead of the mass line of carts from Orien Trade Caravan.

 

"Adermar! Where... Where did the caravan go?" he asked, looking at the horizon to see if he could spot it.

 

Damn it! Well... at least they didn't take our stuff with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adermar, I thought they were looking for Kyme Not wanting to say anything Ismark watches Adermar as the group approaches.

 

No Kyme, No caravan, No guards, Ismark takes in the groups reaction to the situation perhaps if I just watch and listen I’ll learn a bit more as things unfold themselves.

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We are going to have a talk about your behavior back there, is what we're going to do," Gund says to Shannon. The rest seem willing to let it go, but I'm not, dammit! There's no call for that!

 

"Panicking is not an option, I don't care how scared you are. It's a good way to get people killed. Next time, you better try and keep it together, act like you've been in a dangerous situation before. Keep your head. Think. I remember you getting angry when we first got here and everybody treated you like a little kid. Well, don't act like one." The dwarf actually breaks into a smile as he speaks. "Maybe we should send you to bed without supper."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"What do you expect me to do ? I am sorry if nothing has ever scared you before. But when, if it ever happens to you then you will know you can't help panicing. I don't know what those things are but I have never been so scared of anything in my life. I now understand what they mean when someone says they were petrified by something. You can't just snap your fingers and make that go away."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"She's right. Fear is natural. Even Warforged feel fear at times..." Vic said, as he dropped the guard's body onto the ground.

 

The Warforged climbed the cart. There was a creak from the stiff wood under his weight.

 

He rummaged through the gears, and founded he case of potions. There were three left, tucked neatly in a bed of protective straws.

 

"Here... these should come in handy." he said as he handed the case to the group.

 

He grabbed Shannon's sword, and helpfully handed it to her as she picked up her pack.

 

As he jumped down from the cart, he looked at Ismark.

 

"Priest, why don't you take us to this village now. Know any ways to reach it without going through those woods again?" he asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...