Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

Neyuttad

Adermar stood quietly as the team assembled, once they were all prepped he spoke to them again, "I've already ventured into this wood once and found one area where at some stage all of you stood, I feel it should be easy to pick up our companions track from near there. One word of warning to you all, forests are disorientating places, especially tainted ones such as this, I have made crosses in trees as I've gone through, about every ten metres. Remember this, if at any stage we get separated or need to flee look for these crosses, they start on the far side of the trees, that way you should always be able to find your way out." Adermar walked over to Vic, "Not all of us Were-touched have a strong sense of smell, different tribes stem from different wolf sires, we're mostly unique." he then walked into the forest, watching the X's go by, and occasionally checking the tracks to make sure he hadn't strayed from the path.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“Are all Warforged that headstrong.” Ismark says as he looks back at the others

“Something’s not quite right. Stay sharp and speak up if anything catches your attention."

Before entering the woods Ismark says a silent prayer to Pelor. He walks a parallel course 10ft – 20ft on the right side of the group. All the while listening and searching for any sign of Kyme

ERL

As they approach the woods edge Shannon feels her heart start to beat faster and her legs tremble, as Kyra is about to step in Shannon grabs her hand. "Kyra I can't, I just can't go back in there. They are waiting for us to return. It's what they want, they want to play with us some more. And Tanner is out of magic now."

"Shannon, we'll be alright. We out number them now. Ismark, Gund and Tanner did kill one, so they should be scare of us. And Tanner may be out of magic but I still have a few tricks let and I have a magic ring he gave me." She holds up her finger displaying the ring. We don't have another option. The caravan is gone and above all Kyme is still out there somewhere. Perhaps he did make it to the village, but we have to cross through the woods to get there. Now come on, I don't want to get separated from the others!"

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Stay out here, alone, with those things after us." Gund sneers. "It'll make it real easy for you to end up dead!" He whirls around and grabs Shannon by both shoulders. "Listen close, 'cause I'm only gonna say this once. Our only chance to survive in this gods-forsaken world is to stay together, even if it means marching into these bloody woods to face those things."

The dwarf pauses a bit and makes himself calm down. In a much more gentle voice (for him, anyway) he continues "I know you're afraid. You have to ignore your fear. Fear will get you killed if you allow it to control you. Stay with us. We are your friends. We will protect you to our deaths, at least I know I will, and I believe the others will do the same. Now, come along, we must find the demon-lad."

"I just can't Gund, I am terrified of what is in there and that I will panic when we are in there and doom us all. I would rather take my chances out here on my own, doing something slightly useful than cause you all to fail. Vic has already been hurt. I just couldn't stand the thought of any harm coming to any of you because I panic."

Having traveled some into the woods Ismark notices that the remainder of the group has yet to venture in. Looking up ahead to Adermar and Vic he calls out

“ADERMAR!., VIC!., HOLD ON A SEC, THE OTHERS HAVE DELAYED.”

Seeing that Adermar and Vic have heard him he waits for the others. Ismark takes in the woods while he waits.

ERL

Adermar cursed to himself, "What is the delay, his tracks will be lost if we dawdle any further!" in fact the tracks would not be damaged much in the few minute wait, but any chance of catching his scent was diminishing all the while. He wondered what the fuss was about, it was clear this was not an adventuring party, no heed had been taken of formation and no clear voice had sway over what they were to do. Adermar checked his markers; he was halfway between two by his reckoning, just needed to follow his own tracks.

Kyra, patience growing thin but she manages to control her agitation, looks into Shannon's eyes. "Shannon, you are failing us now, can you not see that? Look at Gund and Ismark. They were overcome with sickness and are still weak. Tanner and I weary but we're managing, you seem to forget I was and I still am scared. We're going to need all the help we can get and we need you. Are you denying your friends? Turning your back on us over something as trivial as fear? Would you leave us to die in battle? I thought you were a stronger person than this, I am sorry I was mistaken."

Kyra turns her back on her friend shaking her head and starts to walk toward the forest once again.

Shannon pulls out one of her swords and holds it in front of her trying to keep it steady but failing miserably. She follows Kyra into the wood head held low. 'I will not panic, I will not panic, why are Gund and Ismark sick, those things can make you sick as well, I will not panic, I WILL NOT PANIC.' She thinks to herself with every step.