Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

Neyuttad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ismark stares at the cave entrance for a moment, then he secures his mace in place.

“Hold on, lets see if the entrance is magically trap, there may also be other magical traps in the area…, this will only take a moment.”

Ismark takes a few steps forward then casts Detect Magic

ERL

Ismark stares at the cave entrance for a moment, then he secures his mace in place.

“Hold on, lets see if the entrance is magically trap, there may also be other magical traps in the area…, this will only take a moment.”

Ismark takes a few steps forward then casts Detect Magic

ERL

Ismark casst his spell and finds himself surrounded by magical auras all mismatched together. He cannot pinpoint nor separate any of them unless he concentrates for a longer period of time. The nymph herself has a magical aura around her, a kind of unearthly grace.

DM: will the group proceed or wait for him? be aware that the place is highly magical, Ismark will have a hard time making sense of all of them auras.

Anyone looking at Ismark can see the evident strain on his face, those of magic potential are aware it's quite unusual for such a simple spell. Feeling that he’s gained all he can, Ismark ends the spell, taking a half a step back as he does so.

Taking a moment he catches his breath “This whole place” he waves his arms outward “This whole place is a mask of magical auras“ his face grave as he looks at the others

“Nothing about us is what it seems, strongest of these are illusions and magik’s of transmutation, and powerful indeed they must be to remain so.”

Unlatching his mace he lets his fingers find there accustomed positions, then he turns to face the Nymph

“If you are what you are then you would help us further, if we do not find a way to deal with what lurks within that cave, then rest assure it will only be a matter of time before they have the run of these woods. Where do you think that will leave you then?” he states enthusiastically, his eyes and face fierce with a passion to see this evil undone

ERL

“If you are what you are then you would help us further, if we do not find a way to deal with what lurks within that cave, then rest assure it will only be a matter of time before they have the run of these woods. Where do you think that will leave you then?” he states enthusiastically, his eyes and face fierce with a passion to see this evil undone

ERL

"I will not help you further." the nymph answered with finality and walked away from the group leaving them alone in front of the cave.

The entrance was cunningly covered with vegetation to keep the cave from being found by unwanted adventurers. It was wide enough to allow two person to walk in side by side.

"Alright, might as well go." Vic said with a sigh.

"Tanner, if I step on a trap, repair me up again. Follow my footsteps, but don't stay so close as to be hit by any traps I set off, alright?" he said to the Artificer.

The Warforged turned to the cleric.

"Friend, can you spot any magical traps that are in my way?" he asked.

Ismark watches as the Nymph wanders further away into the woods

“One day, when you find yourself consumed by darkness you shall look for the light of Pelor, you best hope that his servant lacks not in there conviction as you.” he says in prayer before turning to face the cave and his companions.

"Friend, can you spot any magical traps that are in my way?" he asked.

A brisk grin crosses Ismark face as his eyes dart to meet with the Warforged after picking up on his words “No, I cannot” a hint of frustration in his tone. “if my healing spells are of use they will be at your disposal as well…, friend.” His grin more apparent as he looks at the cave entrance. He then says

“Anyone have a knack for finding the unexpected?”

ERL