Jump to content

Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning


Neyuttad
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic stepped on a twig, became stiff as a adamantium statue, readied himself to jump out of the way should a sudden fireball trap turned him to a chunk of scrap, and waited. Nothing happened...

 

He visibly shuddered (which could heard too, with his joints grinding on themselves), and continued walking carefully towards the cave entrance.

 

OOC-

 

How far are we from the cave mouth? Are we inside the cave yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ismark instinctively raises his shield upon hearing Vic crush a twig beneath his massive frame. He looks to the Warforged, his joints grinding on themselves as the Warforged vibrates.

 

This is insane!, must relax and stay at the ready

 

Looking at the others he asks straight out “Does anyone know what to look for in the way of traps?” with a serious expression on his face

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gund makes his way to the front of the group. "Thought you already looked," he grumbles in Ismark's direction. "This'll take a minute. Stay out of the way." The dwarf quickly begins to search the ground and rock all about the cave entrance for any sign of physical traps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DM:

 

The cave stretched forth into a sort of chamber with carved walls, the air humid with the odd smell of herbs. You can see the light glow of a few torches, as well as a huge cauldron, bubbling with oozing green liquid. Something about the green liquid seemed to be quite corrosive in a magical way. The chamber ceiling was high, and rocky jagged steps circled upward to an outcropping that overlooked the large cauldron.

 

A man was chained from the ceilling, dangling dangerously above the bubbling cauldron. His shirt was stripped off and his chest was painted with eery symbols and markings. There was a little stream of blood dripping down the side of his mouth, and he looks down to you with cat eyes. From his looks, he was definatly Kyme.

 

A cackling echoed through the walls, and you look up to see a hideous hag standing on the outcropping. She looked down, and shook her head.

 

"You have no chance in helping your friend, weaklings. Move any closer, and he shall have a... bath." she said in a despicable sing-song voice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DM:

 

The cauldron was solid iron, and looked completely unmovable, considering it was about twice, maybe even three times the size of a regular cauldron. Kyme was hanging over it, and you can tell the chains on his wrist that as soon as it might snap, the demon-kin would plunge to a quite corrosive bath in the goo.

 

The hag cackled again, and looked down.

 

"You fools... see what your do-gooder instincts brings you, eh? Should have escaped when you could..." she mused, her teasing cold and malevolent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Ah!, I know you. You’re the old crow I had a little chat with back in the woods” Ismark says as he walks away from the others along the wall towards the stairs.

 

Come on take the bait he thinks hoping to draw the hags attention away from the others

 

“You should have heeded my warning old crow, I told you of your death, did I not. You cowered in fear, while I dispensed my judgment upon that disgusting creature that now lays broken in the forest.” He pauses long enough for the image to settle into her mind as he continues walking slowly to the stairs

 

Someone had best think of something soon to rescue this Kyme fellow he thinks hoping the others will react to save there friend as he distracts the Hag

 

“Surely you heard my mace crush her brittle skull while she lay broken on the forest ground”, here he shakes his mace in the air briefly “you must have been cringing in Fear!, for I heard your pitiful outcry as you chose to let me delivery her fate unhindered” once again Ismark pauses to let his words bite, frustrate, irritate and infuriate the hag, hoping she react erratically and cause her to disregard the others and Kyme.

 

I can not look at the others without giving away my ploy, by the light of Pelor I hope the Warforged is not far behind, my strength is only in my words

 

Hoping to buy the necessary time needed Ismark continues as a makes his way closer to the stairs

 

“I AM A Servant of PELOR!.., a Cleric of Light.., and your end is near”.., standing to his full height he looks squarely at the Hag.

 

“Our strength has been renewed by the magic of the woods” he eyes narrow “You must know of what I speak, it’s what’s been eluding you, hasn’t it?” he places a grin upon his face as the spell starts to work in his mind

 

“It matters not if you doubt me, for I’m sure you are once again quivering with fear but none the less you shall “APPROACH”.”

 

This last word is fill with divine power as Ismark tries to “Command” her to do his bidding.

 

ERL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VIC:

 

The Warforged walked close behind Ismark, moving carefully as to not make himself vulnerable to the hag, nor get knocked off the stairs easily.

 

"I hope you know what you're doing, priest. That looks like the twig I had to fight in the forest." he said, his metal frame clanking up the "stairs".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DM:

 

The Night Hag is cackling until it found itself moving towards Ismark, and away from the release lever that would have sent Kyme hurtling towards the bubbling doom below.

 

"What???" it screeched, as it moved right towards Ismark, and Vic.

 

Kyme, not exactly helpless, took advantage of the Hag moving away, and kicked himself upward, and tried to slip loose from the manacle that clamped his wrist to the rusty chains. The tiefling sung back and forth over the cauldron, trying to break free.

 

"You will pay dearly for this, smooth skin." the hag spat at Ismark, ready to attack him.

 

YOUR ACTIONS:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...