Sign in to follow this  
Neptune1999

Dwarf King with Sword and Shield

Welcome to the Forum!

Good job!

Magical runes only visible from an angle? Sounds just right!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Choppertown
      More vintage minis from my childhood.  Been soaking a dozen or so in isopropyl  for about a week to get the 40 yr old enamel paint off them.  With much scrubbing some of them came out pretty clean!  Will post as they come along, here's one of my all-time favorites. I remember when I bought him in a little attic hobby shop in Ithaca, NY. Unfortunately I don't remember the packaging.  Such a stoic little dude...any ideas?

• By Inarah
      Durgam Deepmug, one of several figures I picked at random to paint for table use during the early weeks of covid-19 lockdown.  I tried a little magical/ ice effect on his sword. 

• By Kikkenass
      For your consideration, I present Kallaguk, Troll King. This model was painted as part of a theme back in March 2020 where green needed to be the primary color for a Twitch streamer I follow. I had a lot of fun with this one trying my best to only use various shades of green. Happy with its result. C&C welcome.  

• By lazarp
      So this is me trying to paint non-metallic metal for the first time. The mini is one of the dwarves from thehnolog's castlecraft line. Since it is my first, I'm pretty happy with the result. I hope I'll get better at this over time. All comments and suggestions regarding NMM are welcome. Thanks for looking! 

• By lazarp
      Ok lets talk about this mini. 

I got it two years ago in the Legend of Drizzt boxed game and just never use it. Why? Because it just looks weird for a dwarf and it is overall lacking if that makes sense. But I believe it has potential to look pretty cool and become one of my favourite minis. This isn't the first time that I dislike and convert a Wizkids "hero" mini but this conversion will be the most drastic so far.

So lets begin. First of all, the thing that bugs me the most are Athrogates flails. I've found some artwork online and here's how they could look like:

And, if you take a look at the first image above, they look like a pair of maracas:

This obviously means that I have to do a weapon swap. I will also change his hand position to make the pose more intimidating.

The second thing that i dislike is his spiked armor, it is supposed to look cool I guess but to me those spikes resemble crystals and it just looks super weird to me (kinda like the dark souls crystal armor) and doesn't go with the overall vibe of the mini

That means I will also remove the spikes from his helmet, shoulder armor and boots and make them look different and hopefully better.

I'm sorry for a long post, and I will keep you updated. Thanks for looking! 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)