Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Shartan

Badger Air Sotar 2020

Badger Air is having a brief promotion for a gold plated, engraved Sotar 2020-2 airbrush. For those who have, or have used a Sotar 2020, can you tell me if you need to purchase extra needles to get the fine detail, or can the Fine, Medium, and Heavy detail be obtained with the single needle?

Thanks in advance.

Reverend Shartan

Mine came with a medium needle (I'd ordered a fine, but that particular vendor had multiple issues) and I found that I could achieve pretty fine results with that. I've since ordered and installed a fine needle and head, and there's definitely a difference, but it's not huge.

2018-12-19-ZvezdaJagdtiger-002.jpg

This was the first thing I painted with the medium needle when the Sotar first arrived; it's a Zvezda 1:100 scale Jagdtiger. The camo is all freehanded with the airbrush, including the spotting.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MojoBob said:

Mine came with a medium needle (I'd ordered a fine, but that particular vendor had multiple issues) and I found that I could achieve pretty fine results with that. I've since ordered and installed a fine needle and head, and there's definitely a difference, but it's not huge.

2018-12-19-ZvezdaJagdtiger-002.jpg

This was the first thing I painted with the medium needle when the Sotar first arrived; it's a Zvezda 1:100 scale Jagdtiger. The camo is all freehanded with the airbrush, including the spotting.

Using that for Flames of War? How do you like the Zvezda models? I need to get to mine haha.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, Ratmaster2000 said:

Using that for Flames of War? How do you like the Zvezda models? I need to get to mine haha.

Not Flames, no, because I hate FoW, but for WWII wargaming. I use Battlegroup and Chain of Command.

Though they were quite simplified, the Zvezda models were pretty good for the price at one time, but they've gone up a bit lately and for things you'd want multiples of, the PSC 5-model box sets are probably better value for money now.