Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy.  Meet Gronk.

BATTLE REPORT!

Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color. 

Wins:
      *  The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.  
      *  Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close.  (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
      *  The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.  
      *  Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
      *  The shield came out great!  If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint.  Probably my favorite small thing on this model.  

Misses:
      *  Not digging his green skin highlights.  Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light.  Crux for me. 
      *  Metal sword over all has a good look to it.  Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting.  Too runny.  Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush.  Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly. 
      *  Struggled with doing boots.  I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy.  When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up.  Lame.
      *  On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened.  I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough.  Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it.  That sucked.  Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
      *  Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop.  It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make  my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.

• By Pochi
      This is my contribution to the RCL trios category with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. I decided on a Hampshire pig instead of spots. I love how much character the faces have. 

• By Lidless Eye
      A very fitting tribute to the classic days of Mordheim.  I'm glad they're doing both physical and STLs...I like to copy everything and mirror it when I print multi-part pieces to get more variety.

They've also got several add-ons of some of their existing conversion sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimforge/scoundrels-of-the-damned-ruins?ref=user_menu

"Mighty backers, welcome to the second campaign by Grimforge Miniatures!
      A difficult year has passed for all and we have worked hard on a lot of projects but the main project which has lead our work is to create a new range of multicomponent miniatures capable to give you the opportunity to assembly a lot of different warbands, an evolving  expandable system born to integrate old and new models and kit for the best kitbash you can imagine.
      we have decide to keep the grimdark fantasy style full of citations from the 90's period and from the paint of artists like hyeronimus bosch.
      We have also taken the big decision to release for the first time also a digital version of this kit to give everyone the opportunity to print their scoundrels at home.  So you have 2 options: traditional resin models or Stl files. 

We have sculpted a complete multicomponent kit and we have a solid range of Stretch Goals to give you the opportunity to unleash your scoundrels during your games. All our miniatures are cast in Italy with high quality resin, the best way to give you miniatures as faithful as possible to the original sculptures. If you already know our models, you already have proof of the quality of our products. On the other hand, if this is your first experience with us then you are even luckier! in the last year we have improved the quality of our models and our efficiency so you will receive our best job!
      here are the "Scoundrels of the damned ruins": mercenaries, treasure seekers, cutthroats... these are the scum who are ravaging the Damned Ruins and you will be able to assembly a warband in a lot of different styles, from pirate to landsknecht with a moltitutide of weapons and accessories."

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Continuing to paint the various rve stuff.
      This time, a kilted troll.

• By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)