Sign in to follow this  
PaganMegan

Skull & Bones

Grump retrieved his copies of Skull & Bones from storage, and it looks. Really. Awesome! :ik_oops:

Anyone have any hours in playing it? Because I am thinking that I don't want to wait for the Bones Pirate Ship.

I wish I had looked at it BEFORE he put it in storage. ::):

• Like 1

I already gave Megan my opinion of the game - I freakin' love it!

And have for years.

image.png

My third favorite D20/OGL game - behind only Spycraft 2.0 and OGL Steampunk. (But ahead of both D&D and Pathfinder.)

Nice and gritty, with a definite dark side, and a flavorsome system for Voodoo. Both Hougan and Bokor are in the game - with the Bokor typically NPCs.

*EDIT* If you can find it in print, for a reasonable price, I would recommend it - but the easy to find PDF is about $15 on DrivethruRPG. A quick Google found it selling in print for $20 US.

The ship to ship combat remains my default system for sea battles - and was published separately as Corsair.

image.png.fc84b57f4fe4e8b860b6f870b0889384.png

It is also compatible with Open Mass Combat - sadly, no longer available as a free download from Mongoose Publishing, but is preserved in the Internet Archive . (Warning - this version is from the old D20 Conan game - boobies on every other page.) A more complete version (with no boobies) is in the Ultimate Game Designer's Companion by Mongoose, and found on DrivethruRPG.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2

Is that the Green Ronin pirate game Spoony talked about, where his first character died trying a cool swashbuckling move and taking a bullet to the head for an insta-kill?

Green Ronin, sure enough. ::):

I like it!

I like it a lot!

Or maybe I just want to play a voodoo priestess. :devil:

Only humans, but that's okay, I'll just play a SHORT human. ::P:

• Thanks 1