• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Got another one to submit, but still needs its base.  Mr. Monk here was a pretty fast shot.  I tried to keep colors as simple as possible (which may or may not have been left over colors from my owl bear I did) to just keep the paint moving.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Used a flat flesh color with the simple Reikland Flesh shade wash.  Combo worked well, but dude looks a little...odd.  Will have to add more warmth next time.
      *  Brown hues and simplicity of the scheme helped.
      *  Really enjoying doing townsfolk because of the limited details I need to get into.  
      *  Hair felt much better this time.  Going with a dark brown, up to a mid brown, then highlight in the ridge of the hairline.  
      *  @Inarah I used your method on rope on his belt.  Worked!

Opporunity:
      *  Playing with flesh tones and how to raise the contrast is very difficult for me.  Without making it look...fake.  I keep trying to find easier ways to do it, but I think it's just gotta invest to get the best results.
      *  Cape volumes didn't really pop.  I was hoping for more depth in the contrast, but it didn't show through and I wasn't willing to push it further after a few failed attempts.  
      *  Painting with bone white or ivory continue to plague me.  Multiple layers needed because of the chalky pigment density.  Anyone got a solve for this?

For a base, I'm thinking of including some kind of cross or something behind him.  We'll see.  I found some pretty nifty little wood engraved sets at Dollar Tree (loving that place more and more these days) that will work perfect.  Speaking of which, I have a demon hunter I haven't based yet, that could use one of those, too. Hm...
    • By Iridil
      A try at a new skin tone... still a bit too caucasian. She's ready to intercept the party though...

• By Samedi
      Well, the construct has a rather large base, so I added a monk, so this is really a 2 for 1 offer.

The monk and the construct are both leftovers from other projects. When I saw them on my shelf of "to do", I suddenly got the feeling that they belonged together, don't really know why. There was just this connection between them. 

So I made them meet on this base. Are they greeting each other? Banishing each other? Is this a planned meeting or does it happen by chance? Friends, rivals or enemies? All that really is for you to decide, I see something different in them every time.

I tried to bring them together by using the same colours on both of them. The writing in the scroll and the wooden cross of the monk use the same paint (vallejo wookgrain), the goggles of the construct have the same colour scheme as the cross the monk has around his neck...

Also, this is the first horse I painted. Was really fun, actually!

C&c very welcome!

And here's more:

Enjoy!
    • By Restless
      Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krakenships/krakenships-miniatures-28mm-fantasy-tabletop-figures/description

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)