Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGuard

FF53 - Ogre, Citadel 1980's Vintage

God, this guy is so cool.  I mean, gross as hell, but cool!   Great paint.

I just want to pop those boils/pimples/pustules.....

• Thanks 1

Lovely job on a classic mini. 

I had one of these as a lad, long gone sadly. I think he was the first miniature that I ever converted - and by converted, I mean he had a crude spear made from a cocktail stick added to his shield hand.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Choppertown
      More vintage minis from my childhood.  Been soaking a dozen or so in isopropyl  for about a week to get the 40 yr old enamel paint off them.  With much scrubbing some of them came out pretty clean!  Will post as they come along, here's one of my all-time favorites. I remember when I bought him in a little attic hobby shop in Ithaca, NY. Unfortunately I don't remember the packaging.  Such a stoic little dude...any ideas?

• By Choppertown
      After completing my Reaper training kits, I'm ready to start tackling my old 80s lead minis from my youth.  I tried painting a couple when I was twelve years old and failed so miserably I literally thought there was no way I would ever be able to even attempt this hobby and it was just better left to others with more talent.  Thanks Reaper for making the awesome training sets and helping me try again after over 35 years.  So without further ado I begin digging into my vault from the 80s.  Apologies if this forum is for Reaper products only, no insult intended.

So I think this baddie might be a Ral Partha Hill Troll, but not sure. Anybody have some insight?

• By Choppertown
      Gave a shot at this funky Dark Horse githyanki yesterday. I only had a few Dark Horse pieces circa 1983, not the sharpest sculpts, but always interesting and I loved their newsletter and indie vibe. I pulled out my old Fiend Folio for inspiration.

• By Choppertown
      Continuing to dig up my childhood minis... This crazy old dragon was done back in 1984, I basically dunked him in turquoise enamel.  While not sophisticated, the color was beautiful and it's one of my all time favorite sculpts so I left it intact and decided to try adding some details. Results below!

• By Choppertown
      Finished!  From my childhood box of unfinished baddies. He's stamped 1979, I feel old!  :)

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)