5 hours ago, supervike said:

The mini is fantastic, but I'm really loving that basing.  Great stuff.  Can you share how you did the foliage?

With the exception of the 3 little ferns, the plants all came from Diorama Presepe, and are all real plants which have been dried and/or chemically treated to preserve them. I just sprayed them with a little paint to look a little more vibrant and to stop them discolouring over time. The three little ferns are plastic and by a scale railroad company called Busch, these whilst looking great out of the pack are quite flat so I also sprayed them with some pale off white/greens and yellows to better blend them in with the other plants.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LarsM
      Finally got this guy done.
      I did the base some time ago, for a competition with water bases with no mini (I didn't win anything).

Any comment and critic is very welcome.
      Thanks for looking.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Time for the final pics to be posted here (those that I can anyhow). This is Queen Shaernagathu - I came up with this name as it's the 3 parts of the figure that I kit-bashed together to form this figure. The body of Queen Shaerileth, a tentacle from the well of doom and the snake bottom half from I don't know which snake or creature or even if it was a reaper figure, I found all 3 parts in the melt bin during ReaperCon 2016.

I was going to hold off posting and enter her into the 2017 Massive Voodoo water base challenge, but it was pointed out to met that she doesn't qualify due to a full figure being in the scene, the challenge is for the base to be the star with possibly a couple small plants/animals, but no full figures.

Anyhow, it was a super fun project and very challenging. I did a lot of new things with it and learned a lot during the process. I had great feedback from others on the forum as well.

WIP can be found here: 

Without further ado, here are the pics that I can show and links to the NSFW pics I can't show on the forum. I know they will expire at some point, but at least I can upload a few here.

NWFW Links
      Pic 1
      Pic 2
      Pic 3
      Pic 4

Thanks for looking and of course C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated!
    • By Glitterwolf
      Another inhabitant of my Lost World Project.

This is a Lizardman Tyant from Reaper on a Microart Studio Base.

WIP for those interested is here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-army-of-the-lost-world-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures/

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)