• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeronimus
      ... is how I start each session of my Curse of Strahd campaign, before recounting my player's disastrous choices and whatever wicked thing I threw at them last time as a result.

Although we play our game online and the campaign is drawing to a close, I decided to immortalise these characters in miniature form. I was planning to paint a Strahd for them to fight, but then, uhhh, while I was cutting the figure from the sprue, its head flew into the office and hasn't been seen since.

Of course, I should have known, he's a vampire, he can change shape and move through walls. I'll never find him.

But will this party be able to defeat him in our next session? Fingers crossed!

First off - the party's secretive and somewhat paranoid rogue who goes by "Hope". Out of a traumatic fear of magic users, she dislikes being healed and shaves her head to avoid anyone scrying on her. I decided to pick Serena, Dreadmere Rogue (03873) to represent her, opting for a cloak rather than a bald head.

Then, the party's warlock. Ira was an aspiring actor and playwright who made an arrangement with a local lawyer to benefit his career and learn a little bit of a magic. A whirlwind romance turned into a longterm relationship, but when his patron actually proposed to get married, Ira ran off on an adventure. Commitment issues, you know? But at least he has a magical book that allows him to communicate his regrets and learn new spells from his fiendish boyfriend...

I struggled a bit to find a figure that matched the "Victorian dandy" aesthetic. No staffs or wands, but no guns or playing cards either. I was in the dark a bit, so I decided to modify Drake Whiteraven (03599), using the book that comes with Khalib, Runelord Apprentice (60098), and fashioning a dagger out of bits. Not the best 'kitbash', but it does the job.

The party's druid is Mikal - a half-elf and the oldest member of the group. Though he started off as a loner and a hermit tending to nature, when strange creatures began emerging from sudden mist banks, he had to go take a closer look. Perhaps the real Curse of Strahd was the friends he made along the way.

This figure is Vodelis Winterhand (04009), who I believe was a freebie sometimes last year. I modified the staff to be a spear (a magical item found in Barovia!)

Finally, the party's cleric - Petrus. Many things in Barovia would challenge a man's faith, but Petrus has come out of it stronger and even more pious than before. 

This is not a Reaper figure, but a sculpt from Mierce Miniatures. The scale on this one was much finer and the figure itself was obviously shorter, sculpted with more realistic proportions. I decided to place him on a rock to make him appear taller, but of course, that only made him look like he was compensating for something. (He is.)
    • By kazmania7
      One of two I recently finished. A favorite oldie I just gotten around to painting, I've always luv Klocke's old work.

• By kazmania7
      One of two I recently finished.

• By Rickdraco
      I saw the Rocky miniatures, and with how cute they are I could not resist getting one to use as a dragon to send against my players. As such, here is my take on the Flying Rocky, as a juvenile Red Dragon!

Comments, criticisms and advice as ever more than welcome! 

• By kazmania7
      So "Ashlyn of the Red Rovers of Triboar," what's a ranger doing in these parts, the last thing we need is another lawman.

the red cloak is a very bright red I'm afraid my camera wont capture with the shading etc, u can't tell. I know a red cape is flashy but she's is a Red Rover and they specifically ask me to send Ashlyn right over....hehe childhood memories.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)