Sign in to follow this  
SparrowMarie

Gluing Bones to Wood

I'm looking for something to stick Bones, specifically Ma'al Drakar's terrain, to a wooden base. It's not thick enough, at the area I want to place it, to pin effectively.

What kind of adhesives would work? I'm thinking epoxy, maybe? I just /really/ don't want to melt it accidentally and have to buy a new one.

A 2-part 5 or 10 minute epoxy should work. I've not had that melt bones yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Epoxy or superglue will work fine - the only things you really want to stay way from would be the things with strong solvents in them like model glue...

In order to get a really good bond, take a bit of fine grit sandpaper to both surfaces to rough them up a tiny bit.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would not use super glue because I have had wood just soak it up and not stick to whatever I was trying to glue to the wood. I have had good results with gluing things to bare wood using tacky glue, then milliput all around the seam, including under and between when I can. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll second the epoxy and Gorilla glue; both have worked pretty well for me. If you go with Gorilla glue, make sure you use some clamps to hold everything together while it sets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

good advice above.  a test will prove out the particular glue you're interested in.  try gluing a bones sprue to the same type of wood you're interested in.  that'll be the best proof of it being safe or not.  and with a mal, i advise this level of caution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1