Sign in to follow this  
Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper's FFG Star Wars Legion Rebel Veterans

They look good, I like the faces and the goggles a lot!

*** Please ask these fine lads to stand perfectly still , just let me get those coordinates...no, no, don't worry, it's ...ehhh..for a photo! I will step back a bit..just wait for the bomb camera!!!!***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Made a weird little conversion based on my destiny 2 warlock. 
      He's built out of a warlord red army soldier in winter clothing, Mantic gcps arms, soda pop minis head and other random bits. 

• By strawhat
      No fancy setup.  I'm getting lazy.  Or maybe not, because these aren't likely to be used and I still got them done.

Rebel Lineup:

Biv and Saska.  Widely regarded as the two worst heroes in the game.  Saska's outfit is green on the character card, but I'm not very fond of green.  I also kind of wanted to paint up a Rebel pilot.  She's a techie, not a pilot, but the look is similar.

Wookiee Warriors.  These were some of the first minis I painted for IA.  That seems like forever ago sometimes.

Alliance Smuggler (although I think he looks more like Sarek, Son of Skon).  His character card has somewhat garish colors, but I chose to rein it in...Oddly going with a green jacket (you can't really tell from the front with the over-exposure).  But I believe I achieved a very grounded, realistic look.

Lastly on the Rebel front:

These are the droids you're looking for!  I'm a little disappointed in the gold on C-3PO.  It should have been brighter, as should his lower leg.  But, overall, I am pretty happy with the Droid Duo.

On to the Scum!

Lots of Terran Khaki.  Lots of Uniform Brown.  Just lots of brown.

Well, there are two banthas...NO, NO, NO!  There is only one bantha, thank goodness.

The closest thing to "color" on it is the blue edging on the saddle blanket.  And now I see a spot where I bumped some of the rigging ropes with another color.  I might fix it later.  I tried running a couple vertical black stripes down the bantha's flank so give a little variation.

A couple Rodian bounty hunters.  The red-shirted Rodian has a "blind" eye that I thought might be fun.  It didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

And now!

The man (dalorian)!

The myth (osaur rider)!

The legend (who was taken out like a punk)!

Shown here in a scheme reminiscent of his original Holiday Special and Droids appearances.  I enhanced the brow ridge with kill marks (like his movie costumes).  Hot Toys has a really spiffy 1:6 model of this costume, which is what I used as a reference.  The cartoon "blue" is a little more "sky blue," but the Hot Toys looks more teal (to my eyes).  So I went with the Marine Teal triad.

I was really on the fence about it, but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more.  I kind of wish that the knee-pad launchers had been molded into the figure, but I've tried to represent them with a couple stripes of silver.  You can't see it in these pictures, but his breastplate is also yellow.

Heavy Stormtroopers (which, I believe, most of us know as "sandtroopers"). Not much to say.  Lots of white.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Although I probably should have hit the backpacks with a drybrush.  I might have to do that one these days.  I have to admit, that I found my batch of troopers a little soft on the detail and some of the arm placements.  Maybe the molds were wearing down, maybe I just got a set of bad casts, maybe they're all like that.

And just when I thought we done: 

More Stormtroopers.   These are the expansion pack, and have a slightly different pose.  I wanted something a little more than that, though, and since these can also be used for Elites, they needed to stand out.  I decided to do that by painting the pauldrons blue, and declaring them part of the 501st--Vader's Fist.

Which means: ONE...LAST...STORMTROOPER!

Kayn Somos.  Commander or Captain, or some other non-specific officer-type.  The orange pauldron means he's in charge.

One more set (16 minis) to go!  And no Stormtroopers!  Just four Deathtroopers.
    • By Citrine
      I just cannot get this mini to come out the way I want.  This is my second attempt, and I got just a stuck as the first time.  I finally decided to just finish it and call it done.

Reaper Bones Spirit of the Forest (SKU 77184)

• By Inarah
      A pair of speed painted 3d printed robots I completed during my 4th of July Paint Binge.  I found the GW Contrast paints to be very good at covering large smooth surfaces easily.  The red one was from a KS project by EC3D. (and yes, it's missing an arm) I am not sure where my husband found the other one, but maybe Thingaverse.  

• By Inarah
      A line of concrete barricades from Secret Weapon.  I had fun painting them to look dirty and battered.

And here's my whole collection:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)