Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, TaleSpinner said:

July 13: From complete spontaneity (1) to obsessive planner (10), where do you fall on the planning scale and why?

I run the full gamut.

There are two situations in which I really plan:

1. I believe there are serious consequences of failing to plan.
  2. I am starting a new project or brainstorming how to proceed on a project.

Examples of #1 include travel and some work activities.  I have been the most obsessive about planning for work activities when I knew my boss did not understand the scope of work or when there were significant consequences for extended downtime.

The best example of #2 is miniature painting.  When I was starting out, I came up with a wishlist and an order for painting.  I haven't stuck to that order but it did help figuring out my general path.  Similarly, I have a long list of BattleTech units to paint but I haven't painted very many of them (and I'm considering scaling back unless I can get to the point I'm painting multiple units in a month).

48 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 14: If you were a character in a fantasy realm, what would be your animal companion.

Raven or small dragon.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 14: If you were a character in a fantasy realm, what would be your animal companion.

A she French Bulldog, lazy, gluttony and basically useless... but so cute :wub:
Note: she have a special power:
fart.jpg.560973b6b5bbae57d82eadea1964798f.jpg

Edited by Cicciopiu
  • Haha 14

Well...right now Damnit The Cat is my animal buddy. SO I would have to go with a cat of the outdoor variety.

• Like 8

Without doubt, a Tiger.

Top-10-Photos-of-Big-Cats-01.thumb.jpg.521120a6ecc6b9b38292f0164e1d8d2f.jpg

If we are allowed something a bit more fantastical, then a winged tiger. A real life version of this giant lantern that I saw a couple of years ago.

DSCN8816.thumb.JPG.4974a109fd8e10a344757fbe72c1f0d9.jpeg.11c13c3be78da593298844e0031bfb06.jpegDSCN8815.thumb.JPG.c7a47d9bfc7660a6c2bc5d9cab74e4f2.jpeg.f21ed7ca4f1636ec32e812ab5be927d7.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Probably a large, friendly cat....but when I raise my magic sword and speak the special words, it transforms into a mighty, armoured war cat that I can ride into battle. *

* a totally original idea, copyright Jasper_the_2nd, 2020

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
14 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Probably a large, friendly cat....but when I raise my magic sword and speak the special words, it transforms into a mighty, armoured war cat that I can ride into battle. *

* a totally original idea, copyright Jasper_the_2nd, 2020

What luck! I found the perfect proxy mini for you! 

Spoiler

hE-mAN-bc-Two6_large.jpg.063c0df2c2bdfabcb70e34950ca159c9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

• Godzilla! I know finding an inn that accepts pets will be harder
  • Tapeworm! We'll always be together.
  • Pet rock, specifically asbestos! So it's both furry *and* dangerous. [*Cough*]

I never grew up with pets, so I'm unfamiliar with long term pros/cons of living with common pets like dogs or cats.

But if I want a combination of pet traits I like: intelligence, pettable softness and long life expectancy, I'll go with something from the parrot, cockatoo, or macaw family. Crows and ravens would count, but they often have a negative stigma attached to them among the ignorant masses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
2 minutes ago, haldir said:

14:

Squirrel with opposable thumbs & thieves skills!!

I think we have one of those targeting our feeders and you're more than welcome to him! His favourite trick is to detatch the bottom feeder port on the ones containing sunflower hearts and nyger seeds, causing the entire feeders to empty in a nice little pile below. He's also chewed through a washing line, stolen several feeders and taunts the (indoor)cats as much as possible. I admire his ingenuity, but I'm considering getting a baffle for the feeder pole as its costing a fair bit to replace all the food he steals.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I think we have one of those targeting our feeders and you're more than welcome to him! His favourite trick is to detatch the bottom feeder port on the ones containing sunflower hearts and nyger seeds, causing the entire feeders to empty in a nice little pile below. He's also chewed through a washing line, stolen several feeders and taunts the (indoor)cats as much as possible. I admire his ingenuity, but I'm considering getting a baffle for the feeder pole as its costing a fair bit to replace all the food he steals.

See none of the ones that visit my backyard do those kind of things. I mean yes, they'll bring over a bone or rotten apple every now & then but nothing really destructive.

• Like 7