Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 14: If you were a character in a fantasy realm, what would be your animal companion.

Low fantasy: probably just a loyal mutt would be acceptable.

High Fantasy: A raptor or falcon with some sort of telepathic link (I'm thinking a Pratchett-esque type of "borrowing").

Thoramel level of fantasy: Telepathic, cyber T-rex with lasers and a saddle, it gets weird at our gaming table.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 14: If you were a character in a fantasy realm, what would be your animal companion.

First of all, deep shame on you for using a period rather than the correct question mark!

That's a joke. Don't take it seriously. I'm not THAT much of a grammar fanatic.

Either a Boomslang snake, flying squirrel, Thorny Devil, or a bear. 

Probably either the Boomslang or the thorny devil.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Probably a golden tiger.

1549146118_GoldenTiger.thumb.jpg.4b6aec67f4d253ab3e70dc9d7fc8040a.jpg

I love cats in general anyway. There's few fantastical creatures that I like more than my own domesticated cats, so I'll go with a real animal that I couldn't own in real life that's closest to my real life preferences.

I guess if I wanted to get more fantastical, I'd go with something like Keroberos from Card Captor Sakura...

1660909-kero.jpg.c1ec7690e5ca68f28d19507f4e1a099c.jpg

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I though I already was a character in a fantasy realm.......? :rock:

While an Elder God :;,;: makes for a fantastic animal companion, I already have @Paradoxical Mouse, and she Counts As Pudding.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Most likely a large breed dog. I'm partial to Labradors, or St. Bernards... only since it's a fantasy realm, mine has fur that can't be pierced by any weapons (like the Nemean Lion of Greek Myth). Can't have my animal companion being lost at level 1...

The other option is two ferrets (a la Beastmaster), and they are able to talk... and they sound like Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I think we have one of those targeting our feeders and you're more than welcome to him! His favourite trick is to detatch the bottom feeder port on the ones containing sunflower hearts and nyger seeds, causing the entire feeders to empty in a nice little pile below. He's also chewed through a washing line, stolen several feeders and taunts the (indoor)cats as much as possible. I admire his ingenuity, but I'm considering getting a baffle for the feeder pole as its costing a fair bit to replace all the food he steals.

I defeated the squirrels with a high sheperd's crook and a metal collar on a bungie. Had feed out for an entire year without the little dudes figuring it out.

The following year, the deer would come up and dump the entire feeder every night. So I stopped feeding the birds. Still bums me out, but the deer are relentless.

Speaking of squirrels, though, my new favorite dude in the yard is a no-tailed tripod squirrel. He's missing both his entire tail and his right foreleg. Think about what a squirrel does, from climbing to running to eating; now imagine him doing it without his right foreleg. He's amazing and tough as nails.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 15: Halfway though; are you enjoying summer this year (or winter for you Aussies and other south-siders)?

Yes and no.

Yes it's a nice summer, mostly sunny, a few rains.

No, I'm a bit down lately really need my mood lifted.

The latter comes and goes, in the end it will be alright..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2