Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

On 7/13/2020 at 6:42 AM, TaleSpinner said:

July 13: From complete spontaneity (1) to obsessive planner (10), where do you fall on the planning scale and why?

How much I plan depends on what I am doing, but it is certainly never a 10.  Nor is it a 1.  I like to have some idea what I'm doing.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:41 AM, TaleSpinner said:

July 14: If you were a character in a fantasy realm, what would be your animal companion.

Something mildly useful.  Like a Tarrasque.

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 15: Halfway though; are you enjoying summer this year (or winter for you Aussies and other south-siders)?

It has been completely uneventful. 

• Like 7

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 15: Halfway though; are you enjoying summer this year (or winter for you Aussies and other south-siders)?

Since I'm mostly a homebody, yes. Weather's not been too bad. And I got to see some rare sightings of animals pass by my apartment building in broad daylight this year. Do miss having the option of going out to eat on occasion though. But it also means we're actually saving more money which will be a boon for us next year. *knocks on wood*

• Like 8

I can't really complain too much about the weather so far, this season. We've had a couple 98-100 degree days but we've had a couple of rainy days that drop the temps afterwards & we've had weeks where the temp just get into the 80s (like this week). Thou, sounds like the 80s are coming to a end & it'll be 90s & above starting tomorrow....ugh (unless of course a storm rolls through & drops the temps again).

I should install the air conditioner upstairs just in case.

• Like 8

On 7/14/2020 at 3:30 PM, CashWiley said:

Black panther

You might like this article, it has some gorgeous photography of a wild black panther in India.

https://www.boredpanda.com/rare-black-panther-wildlife-photography-shaaz-jung/?cexp_id=30620&cexp_var=32&_f=featured&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 16: What is your favorite dinosaur...I care?

Inspiration for today's question:

Reveal hidden contents

When you become a grownup, people stop asking what your favorite ...

Every damn one! But if I have to chose one then let's pick Pachycephalosaurus just cause going around head butting everything you run into is way too cool! :D

380c8be55296552e0edddf518a867ca8.jpg.358d53016b5e671ec24f9ec6a9b2779f.jpg

And is soooo cute! :D

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Hide contents

To be honest, I never developed any fondness for dinosaurs. They all have attained the same level of disinterest with me.

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Reveal hidden contents

When you become a grownup, people stop asking what your favorite ...

I mean, they're all pretty cool. But I really like the ones from the Stegosauridae family. What's not to like? They're all covered in spikes and have a Thagomizer on their tail that evidence suggests was used as a weapon. Also, a point of interest to some on this thread, paleontologists used Z Brush a while back to make computer models of Stegosaurus teeth which led researchers to discover they likely fed on herbaceous vegetation. So that's kind of neat.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

As a kid, I was a huge fan of the dimetrodon.

Papo_Dimetrodon_model.thumb.jpg.f25bf4aeb7960b52ce354ae6ea900b90.jpg

I don't really have any particular favorite at this point.

Not wanting to be  knowitall.. but..

The Dimetrodon is one of my favorite all time monsters, it's not a Dinosaur though, it existed during the Permian Period long before Dinos arrived.

Many people confuse it with Dinos.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Pseudodragon.

image.png.9412585c73fd576dc5d6892a0114a269.png

Eh. Parts of it. Other parts are just too depressing.

Yes!!!! 100% my dragon! Thats even my drink. Except I want a big one that I can ride and will eat my enemies. I am ok if the cognac bottle is to scale with a larrge+ dragon.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1