Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

Now I really want to sculpt a dimetrodon.

My answer would be Spinosaurus and its close relatives, mostly because I love the story of their discovery and continuing reevaluation and adjustments to our understanding of them. A close second would be the raptor family which I find fascinating.

Spoiler

spinosaurus-aegyptiacus-through-time-infographic-scaled.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 16: What is your favorite dinosaur...I care?

Why, Luchasaurus, of course!

luchasaurus.jpg.343df50e3b6b60d6b3dbc6383fa19921.jpg

(Yes, that is the pro-wrestler's actual gimmick of being a dinosaur, does the some lucha libre moves for a big guy, and he is a crowd favorite).

As for an actual dinosaur, I imagine ankylosaurus was one of my favorites. That club-tail weapon, and always being in armor... clearly ready for battle all the time. I had quite the obsession with dinosaurs as a young boy.

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 16: What is your favourite dinosaur...I care?

I have a universal appreciation for dinosaurs. But I'd have to rate the triceratops and their close kin as among my favourites for several reasons.

It had big broccoli horns and huge frill. It has a distinct appearance compared to the multitude of similar looking sauropods and theropods. And on more personal level, I have childhood memories of the triceratops skull replica they had at my local university. It was in the entry hall of the wing where my dad taught for nearly 30 years, and the same wing where most of my engineering studies happened when I was older.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 16: What is your favourite dinosaur...I care?

Inspiration for today's question:

Reveal hidden contents

When you become a grownup, people stop asking what your favorite ...

Nobody ever asked that when I was a kid. And nobody has ever asked that until today. So thanks for asking.

My fave dino from when I was a kid was my Sinclair Oil Company Pebble Skinned Triceratopian (far right). Newer research probably makes that guy a fictitious beastie at this point.

DINO_figures.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 16: What is your favorite dinosaur...I care?

Inspiration for today's question:

Hide contents

When you become a grownup, people stop asking what your favorite ...

Triceratops! I mean they have found scarred skulls that had healed from T-Rex teeth!

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Now all I can think of is a T-Rex going :So WHO tastes like chicken?"

• Like 6

Today's question has been making me go back through my brain and think of all the shows I used to watch that had dinosaurs. Does anyone remember a cartoon from 1987 called Dinosaucers? Evolved dinosaurs from an alternate Earth that somehow got to our Earth, and had technology to "dinovolve" back into the form of their full dinosaur ancestor. Only lasted the one year. It was like Transformers but with dinosaurs.

dinosaucers.jpg.5c17dd0291098af878e4e3646a8abce4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3