Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, July 24: What is the view out your window?

Question inspired by: https://window-swap.com/window

Bedroom windows typically see the nearby main thoroughfare of a street, so depending on when you look out it it's either bland and boring, or there's an ambulance or fire truck there - sometimes parked in said view! 

Living room window gets to see some of the same view, but mainly has the view of a brick wall. 

Dining room is building hallway to one direction (well, through the hallway windows into said view), while everything else is brick wall.  And sadly, it's not even the really nice looking brick, just the meh, cheapest we could get in the '60's brick. 

• Like 5

On 7/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, July 23: What is the silliest thing you've seen your kids/pets/sig. other/siblings/et. al. doing? 

Looking for fun stories/pictures here.

Today's question was inspired by @redambrosia's adorable baby trying to sit on a ball.

I used to run agility with my corgis. Lucy and Alice both loved it, but each expressed that love in different ways.

Lucy was very aggressively out to do her best, as quickly as she could. She was always the fastest corgi at the trials, and could even beat some of the border collies! However she really didn't like single jumps. One run, we started off, and she knocked the first jump bar, and then the second, the third, took the tunnel, knocked the next couple jump bars, did the dog walk, made one jump, knocked the rest along the course. I'd basically given up at this point, knowing we'd failed the run, but had to keep running with her, and whatever, it's fun. So we get to the end, and there's a last jump. Lucy stops dead as I run past it. She turns and looks at the course that she'd knocked all but one bar. She then runs out and takes out the last bar, before coming back to take out the last jump and finish the course. 

Alice *never* knocked a bar. But she was no where near as focused or fast on the course. Sometimes she'd stop in the middle of the run, come up to me, and just smile, saying "DAD! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!" And I'd be like "yes it is! Can we keep going? The clock is ticking"

20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

A brick apartment building across the courtyard.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

It is Sunny, and Leafy, but a bit of street can be seen. 
140BA125-DDE4-4EB3-8C51-40913E61FD8F.thumb.jpeg.f3d82b5c3323a57bc6fbb46abb50d2f1.jpeg

Here is the wider angle view (from the exact same spot) the cell phone prefers by default:

7BC8AACA-AE57-451C-9DCB-941FD75086EF.thumb.jpeg.cf204d93de4efd3142058a390561520c.jpeg

The first one is more like what human eyeballs see. 

I also do this (unusual?) thing where I Stop Driving and take a picture out of my driver’s side window on occasion:BF6CBDDB-2D51-4B1B-B077-73B04948418C.thumb.jpeg.9b00ff75d3f2ccc79665e15d86b5d57f.jpeg

Sometimes ya gotta stop and smell snap the roses... ...or take in the vista when rolling through Mirkwood:

D97F247E-CA62-49EC-BAEA-3C35D7E48EAE.thumb.jpeg.09a05a3db05fb3de290ca358266fb00b.jpeg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Closed blinds.

[Give me a moment to open them up]636265835_Windowoutside.thumb.jpg.84e02cbb0f4eb110e6388cbf8a3d80cd.jpg

Street view during a sunny day. Small businesses across the street. Local paper mill visible in the far background on the right,

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I've got an overgrown bush and a low hanging tree blocking the view of the street and houses across the way.  We often get birds and the cats like to sit here. 

IMG_20200724_102242885.jpg.22b89bf10796ae84f6a03ba2e26778c4.jpg

I have at least two windows that could obtain similar views. But no cats to contemplate the vistas, such as they are. 

Cue the Kniggets who say....

A shrubbery! A shrubbery! A shrubbery...

...at least you are getting a two-level effect. :;):

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1