Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

11 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

Are you sure that's a paper mill? Looks like a virus factory to me.

I can't believe I just said that! What is my issue today!?

My mistake, it's not a paper mill. It's a "paper mill", complete with air quotes.

[winks with shifty eyes]

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, July 24: What is the view out your window?

Question inspired by: https://window-swap.com/window

My bedroom window has a pleasant view of trees (that obscure the apartment complex behind my neighborhood) and sky.  There's not much to see out of the windows of my other two bedrooms; just the roof of my garage and a neighbor's tree or two.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Out my bedroom window is a view of the room of the sunroom, a view of the patio and its plants (don't ask what kind, there are only three types of plants that I can identify: grass, trees, and flowers), a glimpse of the end (or beginning) or the driveway, and then a spectacular view of the side of my neighbor's house... as it descends down a hill, it's a very large, very boring side, all painted one color, no brickwork or windows to break up the paneling.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The view out my bedroom is a window well. Not terribly interesting other than the occasional ground squirrel that likes to tease the cats. 

Side porch

IMG_20200724_161445851.thumb.jpg.0b8847b38451aa2a97867a6e30fa7dae.jpg

Kitchen toward the front

IMG_20200724_161543449.thumb.jpg.d613814647dede53e0d1abe3a1f51f1a.jpg

Backyard and garden

IMG_20200724_161643653_HDR.thumb.jpg.cb59f945c707e9b0e12e2fd6fc03c078.jpg

• Like 12

On 7/23/2020 at 12:40 PM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, July 23: What is the silliest thing you've seen your kids/pets/sig. other/siblings/et. al. doing? 

Looking for fun stories/pictures here.

Today's question was inspired by @redambrosia's adorable baby trying to sit on a ball.

One of our cats is ever so slightly obsessed with food. He's learned to open the fridge, cupboards and has even figured out how to open Really Useful Boxes in his quest for nourishment. There's no such thing as "cat food" and "human food", it's all equally delicious to him. 

My housemate is an avid baker and kitteh has a.....unique....way of stealing the frosting before it gets anywhere near the cake. Lacking opposable thumbs, he'll quickly jump up into the counter, close his eyes and stick his head right into the bowl, covering his entire face in frosting. He'll then try and make for the safety of upstairs(eyes still closed) and try and eat as much of his prize before we haul him out from under the bed. He makes it roughly 80% of the time.

His name? Loki, of course :lol:

DSCN1192.thumb.JPG.6705db84a5d65350164013382291e81d.jpeg.f2867b871b5f6bd5d99d7cfaf256b8f2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

23rd:

Front view: It has view of my Hispanic neighbors. (I'd rather not see them & not because they are Hispanic, but they are young couple with 4 to 7 kids (I have no idea) but they are very rude & pretty much think they are the only ones living on this block. (ex was the 4th...shooting fireworks over my house after the 4th. Someone drove by told them to Knock the bleeping bleeping off & they responded with the same bleeping language). Also, they seem to have new cars every other month or so.....yah.

Back view: My backyard, backyard neighbors are allot better, virtually non-existent. Also Thumper the bunny is back there!!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Depends on the window.

It's either an untidy back yard and the neighbours fence, an untidy front yard, a bit of road and the people who live across said road, or nothing at all (I valued storage space over a view so I have a large bookcase blocking my bedroom window).

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

One of our cats is ever so slightly obsessed with food. He's learned to open the fridge, cupboards and has even figured out how to open Really Useful Boxes in his quest for nourishment. There's no such thing as "cat food" and "human food", it's all equally delicious to him. 

My housemate is an avid baker and kitteh has a.....unique....way of stealing the frosting before it gets anywhere near the cake. Lacking opposable thumbs, he'll quickly jump up into the counter, close his eyes and stick his head right into the bowl, covering his entire face in frosting. He'll then try and make for the safety of upstairs(eyes still closed) and try and eat as much of his prize before we haul him out from under the bed. He makes it roughly 80% of the time.

His name? Loki, of course :lol:

DSCN1192.thumb.JPG.6705db84a5d65350164013382291e81d.jpeg.f2867b871b5f6bd5d99d7cfaf256b8f2.jpeg

Why you makes frostings if not for me ??

All teh Frostingz ... Izzzz miiiinnz !!

• Haha 5