Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, July 31: Do you plan on attending virtual ReaperCon 2020?

This is my last question, I hope I wasn't too disappointing. Tomorrow, @Corsair will be kicking off August.

Undecided at this time. Still taking the vacation time though.

ebai7hqkw8e51.thumb.png.3af2c4f146fdda3424471715840f31ea.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

@Corsair

Yes. This is my vacation time and I plan to still take it even if its completely different. I'm hoping there will be a few classes for my kids, since they can attend now. Its also my birthday..

11 hours ago, Crowley said:

Planning on at least a little of it, but it's also the weekend before my CPA exam, so... Not much of it. :down:

Good luck on your CPA exam! Fyi. My hubby is a CPA. Feel free to PM me if you need advice, have questions, etc...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

This is my last question, I hope I wasn't too disappointing. Tomorrow, @Corsair will be kicking off August.

Great month of questions! Thank you for your efforts ^_^

15 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I will be attending Virtual ReaperCon.  I'm teaching 2 classes, both on modifying minis using GS.  The first covers sculpting organic structures like fur, hair, plants and such.  The second covers made items like straps, bags, buckles, cloth, weapons, and the like. I even got a new special camera to show people what I am doing (been wanting that for years).

I'm hoping to be a part of a panel discussion or two as well.

Those two classes I am definitely interested in. I don’t know how much time I’ll have, due to work and life, but I’d like to participate in some of it. Hubby got me the huge swag box, too, so I’m set there.

• Like 8

On 7/30/2020 at 6:39 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, July 30: Do you always paint to the best of your abilities, if not, in what circumstances do you dial it back?

I try.  In this case a limited skill set is of benefit...I can't get sidetracked by nifty techniques.  So it's a matter of color choice, placement, and brush control.  Sometimes, though, you just get to a point where you just want it done.  I don't do armies, though, so the low model counts for games like Imperial Assault or whatever happens to catch my eye works in my favor.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:42 AM, TaleSpinner said:

I'm hoping to take a couple classes, watch a couple seminars/presentations, etc.  It's not likely I'd do any sort of game.

• Like 5