Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You; July 2020 by TaleSpinner

35 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

July 3: What job/chore do you dread having to do?

Clean the cat litter box. Cats are vile creatures. I've got one that buries his business like he's trying to dig to the center of the earth, and another that leaves everything lying uncovered, so the smell always assaults you. And the only brand of litter they'll tolerate is so fine that as you sift through the box dust flies up into the air. I have to do it at arms-length away so that I don't breathe it in or feel like it gets into my eyes.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Question for July 3, sorry US based today, Are you planning on finding someplace doing fireworks this year?

Nope. I've never cared for fireworks. I just can't see spending money on something you're are gonna blow up in like 15 mins or so. We did do fireworks when my son was younger but after awhile he didn't, so we stopped completely. Good enough for me.

TS #3

As much as I do it, I'm not a big fan of mowing the yards. I guess I don't mind when I'm about halfway but it takes me a bit to actually get out there & mow it in the first place.

1 minute ago, ManvsMini said:

Clean the cat litter box. Cats are vile creatures. I've got one that buries his business like he's trying to dig to the center of the earth, and another that leaves everything lying uncovered, so the smell always assaults you. And the only brand of litter they'll tolerate is so fine that as you sift through the box dust flies up into the air. I have to do it at arms-length away so that I don't breathe it in or feel like it gets into my eyes.

This reminds me, years ago (2000 to be exact) a friend who's house we went to for D&D had a cat who had a covered litterbox in where we could play. The cat came in, did it's business & OMG it dropped an atomic bomb that assaulted everyone's senses. We decided to go out for dinner that night vs getting pizza or coming back & eating it there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I hate cleaning gutters.

Thanks for the reminder.  been meaning to get to those sometime soon.

ETA: Not right now though. Rain and thunder storms do not play well with roof climbing.

• Like 10

Clean the inside of the car.  Just so hard to get all the nooks and crannies.

Looked around of fireworks and none of them close or big.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Mowing the lawn, so very pointless.

• Like 10

Anything low, as it is hard on my back.  Sweeping with a broom just about kills me, but luckily we have a dust buster-y type thing with a long handle that I can use instead.

Vacuuming used to be hard on me, but the new Dyson helps with that.

Mowing I no longer do, since we moved to the new place.  I haven't really done push mowing for quite a while because of my back, and this place's lawn is way too small for a ride on....

But what I really dread is hanging pictures/decorations.  Trying to get them the exact same height and spacing is just....ugh

• Like 9

Changing the catboxes. I basically make Husband do it most of the time and I help as needed but I hate it.

• Like 11

Any Yard-work, especially mowing. 

In fact, I hire someone to do it. 

Sifting through the mounds of junk-Mail That shows up is a close second. 

(If only we could get somebody at a lawnmower company to design a radio Controller Operated lawnmower. Like a drone, but with wheels, and blades... :ph34r: ) 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Picking up k-cycle bags.  Yeah, Keurig recycle bags.  That's part of my job. 

Well, not really, thanks to COVID-19 mwa ha ha ha ha, I'll take my victories where I can! 

....oh,you meant at home? Fiiiine.  Not a fan of tidying up the kitchen, it's so small and really hard to keep everything sorted out even at the best of times because of it being so obnoxiously small... 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, haldir said:

This reminds me, years ago (2000 to be exact) a friend who's house we went to for D&D had a cat who had a covered litterbox in where we could play. The cat came in, did it's business & OMG it dropped an atomic bomb that assaulted everyone's senses. We decided to go out for dinner that night vs getting pizza or coming back & eating it there.

I had a similar situation at my friend's house when we were playing. For some reason, they had three cats and kept the litter box in the dining room, about 3-4 feet away from the table where we played (it was a small house, but I still don't understand the logic of having the box in the dining room, but whatever). Bomb was dropped... but damnit we kept playing!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for July 3, sorry US based today, Are you planning on finding someplace doing fireworks this year?

Nope. Might make burgers, might not.

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Dishes :zombie:

There are smells and feels and soap and loud and ick.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Though the season for that chore is done, I have one that every Canadian knows well and hates.

Clearing the snow and ice off of your vehicle. Your fingers are never warm enough when you do it; snow gets in your pockets; scraping the windows takes for ever. Oh, and it's very likely that it's *still* snowing and blowing wind!

You can get other people to shovel a driveway around the car, but the car itself is your job. I've had days where I had to clear the car multiple times as I was shopping and doing groceries at multiple locations while it was still snowing.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

@Corsair: Thanks for the cover; I didn't even notice as I was on my phone.  I got late today helping my kids.

No problem!:winkthumbs:

• Like 5