• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By strawhat
      No fancy setup.  I'm getting lazy.  Or maybe not, because these aren't likely to be used and I still got them done.

Rebel Lineup:

Biv and Saska.  Widely regarded as the two worst heroes in the game.  Saska's outfit is green on the character card, but I'm not very fond of green.  I also kind of wanted to paint up a Rebel pilot.  She's a techie, not a pilot, but the look is similar.

Wookiee Warriors.  These were some of the first minis I painted for IA.  That seems like forever ago sometimes.

Alliance Smuggler (although I think he looks more like Sarek, Son of Skon).  His character card has somewhat garish colors, but I chose to rein it in...Oddly going with a green jacket (you can't really tell from the front with the over-exposure).  But I believe I achieved a very grounded, realistic look.

Lastly on the Rebel front:

These are the droids you're looking for!  I'm a little disappointed in the gold on C-3PO.  It should have been brighter, as should his lower leg.  But, overall, I am pretty happy with the Droid Duo.

On to the Scum!

Lots of Terran Khaki.  Lots of Uniform Brown.  Just lots of brown.

Well, there are two banthas...NO, NO, NO!  There is only one bantha, thank goodness.

The closest thing to "color" on it is the blue edging on the saddle blanket.  And now I see a spot where I bumped some of the rigging ropes with another color.  I might fix it later.  I tried running a couple vertical black stripes down the bantha's flank so give a little variation.

A couple Rodian bounty hunters.  The red-shirted Rodian has a "blind" eye that I thought might be fun.  It didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

And now!

The man (dalorian)!

The myth (osaur rider)!

The legend (who was taken out like a punk)!

Shown here in a scheme reminiscent of his original Holiday Special and Droids appearances.  I enhanced the brow ridge with kill marks (like his movie costumes).  Hot Toys has a really spiffy 1:6 model of this costume, which is what I used as a reference.  The cartoon "blue" is a little more "sky blue," but the Hot Toys looks more teal (to my eyes).  So I went with the Marine Teal triad.

I was really on the fence about it, but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more.  I kind of wish that the knee-pad launchers had been molded into the figure, but I've tried to represent them with a couple stripes of silver.  You can't see it in these pictures, but his breastplate is also yellow.

Heavy Stormtroopers (which, I believe, most of us know as "sandtroopers"). Not much to say.  Lots of white.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Although I probably should have hit the backpacks with a drybrush.  I might have to do that one these days.  I have to admit, that I found my batch of troopers a little soft on the detail and some of the arm placements.  Maybe the molds were wearing down, maybe I just got a set of bad casts, maybe they're all like that.

And just when I thought we done: 

More Stormtroopers.   These are the expansion pack, and have a slightly different pose.  I wanted something a little more than that, though, and since these can also be used for Elites, they needed to stand out.  I decided to do that by painting the pauldrons blue, and declaring them part of the 501st--Vader's Fist.

Which means: ONE...LAST...STORMTROOPER!

Kayn Somos.  Commander or Captain, or some other non-specific officer-type.  The orange pauldron means he's in charge.

One more set (16 minis) to go!  And no Stormtroopers!  Just four Deathtroopers.
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      My LFGS had a painting contest on its FB Star Wars Legion page a bit ago.  2 weeks to paint up a squad of at least 4 figures. As creativity counted, I decided to set my white and black paint aside and paint something besides Stormtroopers.
      I took a look through the Rebel scum I'd acquired and really like the poses and sculpts for the Rebel Veterans.
      I'd planned to do the whole box of 7 figures, but (as anyone who's seen my WIPs knows) I'm not the fastest painter.  I'm lucky if I can get one figure done in two weeks.
      So I quickly decided to just do 4 figures for the contest.

I liked how they came out, and they did get "best painted" in the contest,  so I guess they are alright.

It then took me another 6 weeks to finally finish the last 3 figures (see?  Sloooooow.)
      But the whole unit is finally done.

Should probably read the rules on them sometime soon.....

Now back to all those Stormtroopers.

• By strawhat
      I finished Hera a few days ago, then Chopper earlier today, and finally the Dewback Rider this evening!

I'm not feeling up to writing out a little story or dragging out the tiles for the game, so it's straight up pictures.  Even the pictures are lacking in quality tonight with too much light and bad focal ranges.  Still, you'll get the idea.

Regular and Elite Jet Troopers.  FFG sent two flight pegs with each base, but honestly that's a lot of height.  Although I admit I thought about having the Elites on two pegs.

Regular and Elite Gamorrean Guards.  I varied the colors on the fur pants and through their skin tones.

Weequay Pirates.  Again the skin tones and uniform colors were tweaked a bit.  The rifles are a bit flimsier than they look.  I just about broke one by accident.

In order: Onar Kona (an Aqualish bodyguard), Shyla Verad (Mandalorian bounty hunter), and Vinto Hreeda (Rodian gunslinger).

The art has Onar as green, but I defaulted to blue and by the time I realized my mistake it was too late.  Onar is one of the rarer four-eyed Aqualish.
      I used the Twilight Purples for Shyla.  I'd been looking for an excuse to use that set.  Her cloak is grey-white and the Beskar shines brightly.
      Vinto was a bit of a splurge in terms of colors I wanted to use.  A little louder than most Rodians we see, but I don't think it's outlandish.  I'm going to have to get back to "regular" green for Rodians pretty soon when I get back to "Hired Guns."

I wanted one Dewback for each configuration, so I've got the regular rider and Captain Terro.  The regular dewback is a little lighter than I wanted, but I think it works well enough.  Captain Terro's dewback is based on a lizard I saw in the central part of the state.  I originally dropped the first Terro torso and snapped the tip of his flamethrower straight off.  I was not happy.

The Jawa Scavenger (or Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight) might well count as my first speed paint!  Only about an hour and a half on it, and I think it looks like a solid enough job for tabletop.

Jabba the Hutt.  We saw him back in The Bespin Gambit, but this is his home.  Easy enough job, lots of drybrushing.  I started trying to highlight, but quickly realized that the skin texture would lend itself to the drybrush well enough.

Alliance Rangers.  I was surprised when I realized that they were women (you pretty much have to look up from under the arm or straight down from the top to notice).  The rifle gets in the way of the painting.

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.  I used Muddy Soil to bring up the black on the jump suit.  The tunic is a grey.  The lightsaber blade is too short, and the handle too long.  Nothing I can do about those things with my current skill set.  Luke was another speed paint, or close to it.  I tell you, finishing two minis in under five hours made me feel like a king!

C1-10P (aka Chopper, aka Spectre 3) and Hera Syndulla (aka Spectre 2).  I'm not that into Rebels...It's kind of fun and fluffy.  And that lack of engagement has hurt my ability to focus and get things done on these two.  Plus there was more green, and as a rule I do not much care for green.  I used one of the bone triads on Chopper as I felt his age and general bad attitude would keep him a bit dingy.  Hera's not quite the right shade of green, and I should have really worked some freehand circles for the designs on her lekku, but I think it works.  

Which leaves us at the Rancor.  This thing's huge.  The base is a little undersized at about 2.5" x 1.75" (instead of the full 3"x2" that it should be).  It went faster than I thought.  I used two different brown triads on the Rancor, one for the "armor" plates and the other for the flesh.  It's tough to see in the picture, but it's more obvious in person.

Up next: Ahsoka Tano and the AT-DP from Heart of the Empire or the nagendra from Bones IV.  Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS:
      I forgot about BT-1 and 0-0-0.  They were done, but even though I actually picked them up, I forgot to include them.  D'Oh!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)